Sign in with
Your question

HELP! Attempting to create custom live CD with Reconstructor

Last response: in Linux/Free BSD
April 19, 2010 5:28:38 PM

Hi everyone,
This is an emergency! This is my Linux administration final project and I keep getting stuck, and it is due tomorrow along with a paper and presentation. I'm trying to use the browser based utility Reconstructor to create a custom live CD with the default username set to my name, the background set to my university's name, and virtual box included on the CD.

Up until now I've signed up for Reconstructor, and started my own project. In order to meet the previous criteria I've added the Gnome Wallpaper module, the Install .deb Package module, and the Live CD Username module. After that I had Reconstructor build the .iso.

Now that I've retrieved the .iso and successfully downloaded it to my machine, I've began testing it using VMware. I created a typical VM for kernel version 2.6.x and set the CD drive to use the .iso image I downloaded from Reconstructor. When I boot up all is well, I enter English for my preferred language and select the option to "Try Ubuntu without any change to your computer" but I am soon after greeted with an unexpected prompt. It reads:

"Loading, please wait...

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Ubuntu 1:1.10.2-2ubuntu7) built in shell ash
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.
(initramfs)_"

The point of this project is simply to make a live CD with the previously stated additions running live also. Do I have to simply type a command to initialize and start Ubuntu or do I have to download the project bundle and set some options in the actual Ubuntu application: "Reconstructor Engine"?

There are additional options available in the offline "Reconstructor Engine" They read:
Skip ISO Extract
Skip ISO Create
Skip LiveFS Extract
Skip LiveFS Create
Skip Initrd Extract
Skip Initrd Create
Keep working directory on exit.
|Chroot|

The real question here is:

What additional steps must I take to ensure this will be a live CD iso?
April 19, 2010 9:21:56 PM

hi, probably it failed because it could not find root file system (squash)

please post the output of (at the prompt) "cat casper.log" to paste.debian.net or other paste site.
!