Q2 FTP server update.

Thanks to all who have contributed Q2 files. You are keeping the dream
alive. The server currently holds 1.57 GB, in 74 folders, with a total of
874 files. It's all free for download here;
ftp://65.30.181.223/quake

If you would like to contribute, please send me an email at
news@clocktech.com. Substitute "Tom" for "News".

The old standby sites for Q2 downloads are dropping like stroggs. Grab those
files and preserve them. Thanks again.

Best,
Tom
8 answers Last reply
More about server update

    "EvilBill[AGQ2]" <devlin@weset.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Not dropping like us on a Ground Zero co-op night, then? <g>

    Huh? You were getting killed? I was just resting my eyes ;-)

    I've found some time to upload stuff yesterday.

    The complete "Earth" cycle of Roger Ritenour (
    ftp://65.30.181.223/quake/grieve/maps/SinglePlayer/Earth/ ),
    all my AirQuake files ( ftp://65.30.181.223/quake/grieve/mods/AirQuake2/ ),
    Starwars Quake 2 ( ftp://65.30.181.223/quake/grieve/mods/StarWarsQuake2/ ),
    the epic russian machinima movie "Flesh versus Steel 2"
    ( ftp://65.30.181.223/quake/grieve/machinima/FleshVersusSteel2/ ), another
    nice movie ( ftp://65.30.181.223/quake/grieve/machinima/coma.zip ) and a
    demo of an intense duel between purri and syanid during the recent European
    Duel League in match1, the map is included. (
    ftp://65.30.181.223/quake/grieve/demos/purri-vs-syanid-edlfinal-match1.zip )
    ..
    I highly recommend a demo player utility to watch demos :
    ftp://65.30.181.223/quake/grieve/utils/demo%20player/QRun99.zip

    http://q2scene.net/edl/

    Cheers :)

    "Grieve" <xtoon@tacheles.de> wrote in message
    > I've found some time to upload stuff yesterday.
    >
    > The complete "Earth" cycle of Roger Ritenour (
    > ftp://65.30.181.223/quake/grieve/maps/SinglePlayer/Earth/ ),
    > all my AirQuake files (
    ftp://65.30.181.223/quake/grieve/mods/AirQuake2/ ),
    > Starwars Quake 2 (
    ftp://65.30.181.223/quake/grieve/mods/StarWarsQuake2/ ),
    > the epic russian machinima movie "Flesh versus Steel 2"
    > ( ftp://65.30.181.223/quake/grieve/machinima/FleshVersusSteel2/ ), another
    > nice movie ( ftp://65.30.181.223/quake/grieve/machinima/coma.zip ) and a
    > demo of an intense duel between purri and syanid during the recent
    European
    > Duel League in match1, the map is included. (

    ftp://65.30.181.223/quake/grieve/demos/purri-vs-syanid-edlfinal-match1.zip )
    > .
    > I highly recommend a demo player utility to watch demos :
    > ftp://65.30.181.223/quake/grieve/utils/demo%20player/QRun99.zip
    >
    > http://q2scene.net/edl/
    >
    > Cheers :)

    Hi Grieve,
    Since I really enjoyed the Quake version, I'll give AirQuake2 a try.
    Maybe we'll get a dm server going. Thanks!

    G.

    > Hi Grieve,
    > Since I really enjoyed the Quake version, I'll give AirQuake2 a try.
    > Maybe we'll get a dm server going. Thanks!
    >
    > G.

    Yeah, it is nicely done. Just a bit difficult to hit something .
    When playing this mod, you will rather have 4 FPH instead of 200 =:^)

    > > Hi Grieve,
    > > Since I really enjoyed the Quake version, I'll give AirQuake2 a try.
    > > Maybe we'll get a dm server going. Thanks!
    > >
    > > G.
    > >

    > Yeah, it is nicely done. Just a bit difficult to hit something .
    > When playing this mod, you will rather have 4 FPH instead of 200 =:^)

    I'll let you know if I think we should revert to the Quake version. As I
    recall, it was a little easier to hit something. Both games really take a
    leap from the original intention of the original quake or quake2. The
    original airquake version was done by Jaakko Keränen, author of the Doomsday
    (jdoom) engine for doom:
    http://www.doomsdayhq.com/

    Good stuff!

    G.

    > I'll let you know if I think we should revert to the Quake version. As I
    > recall, it was a little easier to hit something. Both games really take a
    > leap from the original intention of the original quake or quake2. The
    > original airquake version was done by Jaakko Keränen, author of the
    Doomsday
    > (jdoom) engine for doom:
    > http://www.doomsdayhq.com/
    >
    > Good stuff!
    >
    > G.

    Hmm, don't mistake Ikka Keranen for Jaako ;)
    Ikka Keranen, former Doomgod ( legendary Doom level designer) and Quake
    mapper is our man. He is responsible
    for Airquake.

    Jaakko is somewhat younger and a coder. That's the Doomsday/JDoom dude.

    > > I'll let you know if I think we should revert to the Quake version. As
    > > recall, it was a little easier to hit something. Both games really take
    > > leap from the original intention of the original quake or quake2. The
    > > original airquake version was done by Jaakko Keränen, author of the
    > Doomsday
    > > (jdoom) engine for doom:
    > > http://www.doomsdayhq.com/
    > >
    > > Good stuff!
    > >
    > > G.
    >

    > Hmm, don't mistake Ikka Keranen for Jaako ;)
    > Ikka Keranen, former Doomgod ( legendary Doom level designer) and Quake
    > mapper is our man. He is responsible
    > for Airquake.
    >
    > Jaakko is somewhat younger and a coder. That's the Doomsday/JDoom dude.

    Doh! Thanks for the correction.

    G.

    Behold and tremble! For Tom Chaudoir <news@clocktech.com> wrote:

    > "EvilBill[AGQ2]" <devlin@weset.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Not dropping like us on a Ground Zero co-op night, then? <g>
    >>
    > Huh? You were getting killed? I was just resting my eyes ;-)

    So why'd you drop the railgun? ;)

    "I see what the nhh-stars do, because so fair is their shape; it is
    well for me with them and it is well for them. I am a nhh-star, the
    companion of a nhh-star, I become a nhh-star, and I will not suffer for
    ever."
    EvilBill - http://www.evilbill.co.uk
    My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake/EvilBill/

FTP Servers Video Games