Last response: in Systems
May 13, 2007 11:22:26 PM

Hello, recently I purchased the following computer:

Pentium D 805
ABIT SG-80DC Motherboard
1 Gig Kingston DDR1 PC3200
Radeon 9600XT AGP
425W PS

This was a value system but it's performing horrible, I am really lagging. So I decided to pick up a new x1950Pro which made a small performance gap but nothing noticable.

I am thinking it's my CPU so I ordered the following:
E6600
New motherboard that supports DDR2,agp and pci-x(in case I need to upgrade to R600+ in the future)
500W PS

Planning on purchasing
700W PS
2GB XMS2 667mhz

I am really hoping to see a performance jump with E6600. What do you guys think is slowing my system the most right now?

Thanks a bunch!
May 13, 2007 11:30:21 PM

After the x1950 upgrade, I would say the RAM. 2gb of faster RAM should help, What are you doing when it slows down? Newer games. surfing or?? The whole system effect speed so one slow part can drag down the whole system.
If you have not ordered yet, stop and look at the balance of your system. MIght be better to trade the AGP for a PCI-e and not go with a MB that does too much.
May 13, 2007 11:33:30 PM

Quote:
After the x1950 upgrade, I would say the RAM. 2gb of faster RAM should help, What are you doing when it slows down? Newer games. surfing or?? The whole system effect speed so one slow part can drag down the whole system.
If you have not ordered yet, stop and look at the balance of your system. MIght be better to trade the AGP for a PCI-e and not go with a MB that does too much.

I already ordered e6600 and the new motherboard. I am running @ 1024x768 so PCI-E vs AGP won't make a big difference in performance.

I am getting weird performance spikes like in WoW I can get 60 fps but it feels like 10 fps. Newer games like Stalker run @ 14 fps or so.
!