G

Hey guys...

anyone ever run across this file name before nvdai.exe

Here is the path in my windows startup in msconfig. I just noticed it today and it wasnt there about a week ago. HTe only thing I can recall upgrading is my itunes.

C:\Windows\System32\nvdai.exe

I tried searching the web and some of the known processes sites but no luck.

Any feed back ?

PS i did an update on NOD32 and XPsoftSE and they didn't detect anything.

G

Did you try right clicking and choosing Properties and the Version?

Grumpy

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
my guess would be a nvidia file of some sort. I have a nvidia card and most of their files start nv...
I dont have it on my system, but i dont have the newest drivers.
Google nvdai.exe by itself and it should answer you

cranbers

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I am going to say if google doesn't know about it, its probably a virus or something of some sort.

I mean literally a google search for that file, turned up nothing but your mention of it here on tomshardware. That shows that it doesn't exist. Check the spelling, obviously its not a known virus or alias of a name of a file one uses or a google search would show up.

That has to be one of the rarest things i've ever seen. A google search of a .exe file that literally has no results except for its mentioned on the site asking the question.

Now that is a first.

gcw89

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
Hey i have come across that file before.. And no it is not from nvidia or a virus it is just a floder it reacts different though.... Wut it does is open up multiple web pages until eventually ur system crashes mine didn't becasue it is a high end pc......but lie i said it has different side effects on different pcs i don't know y though..... I have no clue how i got it but it was hell to stop it...lol

But if i were you i would disable it before it messes up your computer. You can only do it in safe mode though.. ok here are the steps to disable the program:

1. press and hold windows logo key and then tap R
2. in the blank run box type in msconfig
3. click the startup tab
4. then look for that procces the name should b "Nvdai"
5. after u locate that startup item uncheck it and restart ur computer
that should disable the program from starting up again.