Upgrade from Windows CE to Pocket PC 2003

a b α HP
August 12, 2005 4:49:42 AM

Hi,

I have a HP Jornada 548 pda currently operating on Windows CE. I want to
upgrade to Pocket PC 2003.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible and what are the steps required.

Many thanks.

Raymond
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 12, 2005 4:49:43 AM

No, you can not upgrade. The operating system and programs are stored in a
ROM chip. HP did not offer any upgrade for this model. Upgrading would
require replacement of the ROM chip.

"rwebiz" <rwebiz@email.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a HP Jornada 548 pda currently operating on Windows CE. I want to
> upgrade to Pocket PC 2003.
>
> Can anyone tell me if this is possible and what are the steps required.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Raymond

Anonymous
a b α HP
August 12, 2005 4:49:44 AM

>> Upgrading would require replacement of the ROM chip. <<

Not only that, all os versions after the 548 version (2000) require an
ARM or ARM compatible processor and the 548 runs an SH3 processor.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
!