Help choosing which 64bit vista to get...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pous

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2007
I'm looking at upping to vista my rig listed in sig.

I want to know which vista 64 I should pick, between Business or Ultimate.

What are the pro's/con's of each? Is there much difference?

Thanks for helpfulness :D

Solution

Thanks for helpfulness :D[/quotemsg]

Ultimate and Home Premium will have Media Center, business does not. Ultimate has Dreamscene (animated wallpaper) no other versions do (unless you * cough ** hack ** cough them). There are a few other things. Ultimate will image your entire OS drive for backup, not sure if business will do that. Bit locker drive encryption on Ultimate, other vers I...

Thanks for helpfulness :D[/quotemsg]

Ultimate and Home Premium will have Media Center, business does not. Ultimate has Dreamscene (animated wallpaper) no other versions do (unless you * cough ** hack ** cough them). There are a few other things. Ultimate will image your entire OS drive for backup, not sure if business will do that. Bit locker drive encryption on Ultimate, other vers I think not, but there are so many vers of Vista I get confused. Ultimate has nothing really great you can't live without, but it's nice to have if $$ isn't a big issue.

If you get Business you won't see any games installed by default - not even freaking Solitaire - but they are still there, you add them back in in the Programs section of control panel.

Solution

pous

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2007
Awesome. Sounds like I'll be going with 64-bit Home Premium. I don't like the idea of an animated back ground. Also seems like I'll be just fine with Home vs Ultimate or Business.

Thanks for the advice :D

Status
Not open for further replies.