Sign in with
Your question

Suggestion as to what i should buy, i am new in this forum

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
May 14, 2007 3:25:58 AM

I need a new system(took a break from college and worked, now thinking of heading back to college starting august 2007). For the first time i am thinking about building it myself. I have four days where i do nothing, because of my aws overnight work schedule.
I had dell 8250, yes ancient stuff. Recently ordered dell c521 and returned it because it really din't let me put in the part from my old computer.
I will probably order the parts by end of may or early june 2007. Money is somewhat of an issue, once i get refund back from dell. $1000 is max i can spend)

Parts i already have and parts i took off from dell 8250 therfore i am not going to need

sony dvd rw/cd rw
dell dvd rom/cd rw
floppy drive
western digital hard drive 120gb
western digital hard drive external 120gb
5.1 SURROUND SOUND SPEAKERS
SAMSUNG 17INCH LCD MONITOR, ITS PRETTY GOOD SUPPORTS DVI AS WELL AS REGULAR ANALOG.
NETGEAR WIRELESS 108 ADAPTER
10/100mb ethernet/56 modem network adapter
d link WIRELESS ROUTER
logitech wireless KEYBOARD
ibm MOUSE
logitech web cam

Parts I am gonna need most likely(suggestion needed for best part that would be best for my budget and where i can get it)

unless there is a way to salvage my dell's 8250 case, a new case
motherboard
either amd or intel duo processesor
fan(quiet cooling system)
Ram
graphics card
powersupply
Any specific tools i might need to assemble (i have basic tools such as screw driver, pliers etc )
A good guide to building(have time to read up on things and am familiar with the layout of computer hardware, i work in a assembly line for mainframe servers)

Sotwares I own and will be running one of the operating system

Have xp professional sp2
have vista ultimate
microsoft office 2007 enterprise
adobe photoshop cs 10(will be using heavily for editing because photography is like a hobby)
games at the moment i own is only source(huge half life 2 cs source fan) and like gaming for most part, will be getting xbox 360 around july for free definte with games like gears of war.
grab it(freeware for usenet)
regualar internet browsing tools such as ie explorer, mozilla firefox, live messenger
Nero for burning dvd and cd

Would love to see the suggestion that would be best for my purposes. I am in US. THX AGAIN

More about : suggestion buy forum

May 14, 2007 4:02:44 AM

First you need to go to the (other) and post there :twisted:
Just kiding dont go there.

Anyway just wait im sure some people will come in and give you some
ideas.
May 14, 2007 4:03:07 AM

allright thanks and sorry for posting in the wrong section
May 14, 2007 4:05:32 AM

Quote:
allright thanks and sorry for posting in the wrong section

What vd meant was you should get more ideas there.
good luck 8)
Related resources
!