E4300 idle temperatur of only 20 degrees?

freshazzburu

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
OK, My temperature measurements in both my BIOS and SpeedFan (xp app) both show my cpu's temp at 20 degrees C. My specs are in my sig; originally i thought it was just a outdated BIOS issue since they released a newer version made to fix the temperature reading error of this motherboard, which I had updated to.

I'm still getting those readings after updating my BIOS and the heat sink is not even warm to the touch, it's pretty much room temperature. Should I be worried? or thankful I have a "freak" cpu?

htoonthura

Distinguished
May 21, 2006
OK, My temperature measurements in both my BIOS and SpeedFan (xp app) both show my cpu's temp at 20 degrees C. My specs are in my sig; originally i thought it was just a outdated BIOS issue since they released a newer version made to fix the temperature reading error of this motherboard, which I had updated to.

I'm still getting those readings after updating my BIOS and the heat sink is not even warm to the touch, it's pretty much room temperature. Should I be worried? or thankful I have a "freak" cpu?

Try the core temp. Then oc it.

freshazzburu

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
I'll wait to overclock when I purchase my P35/P965 mobo, DDR800 RAM, and Ultra 120 CPU cooler.

My system temp is at 40 degrees C, and room temp at about 20 degrees C.

I'm glad to see someone else with the same temps. From what I read in reviews, the cpu's are supposed to be in the 40 C idle range correct?

Also, I just checked gaming cpu temperatures, and it's at 30 C.

Anymore feedback is welcomed.

SuperFly03

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
If you are using the stock cooler then I think your temps sound a bit too low. Stock cooler performance blows, relatively speaking.

have you tried Coretemp v.95 to read temps?

freshazzburu

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
There we go...I D/L coretemp v .95 and it shows a reading of 47 C when SpeedFan shows 21 C.

My whole reason for looking at the temps is to set my fan to a lower speed because it's pretty loud.

No wonder it hasn't shut off, but even then, shouldn't it shut off based on the numbers shown in the BIOS since it's set in BIOS?

Thanks for the help.

endyen

Splendid
Nice temps. No, that's not the real temp of the core, but who gives a (deleted explicative).
There are laws of physics that apply here. Any device that uses electricity will generate heat. It is not possible to maintain a "heater" that is running, at the same temp as it's environ.
Intel may have set thier sensors to read low, so people will be more secure. Smart move. Then they tell you dont run the chip over 75c, rather than the 95c the tcase suggests.
BTW, dont sell Intel's hsf short. After all keeping one of the old prescotts cooled was no small feat.

Damier

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
Yeah, my temps are the same, during idle. Only, I have an E6600 (can run just past 3GHz on 1.25v). I use the aftermarket Thermalright XP-90C, with all additional cooling fans set to 7v.
Lol, other than the heat-beast 8800 GTS in my case, it's a pretty cool-running system.
Then again, I live in New Zealand, which very seldom has ambient temps above 20c.