Reckoning problem.

Hi,

Margolis suggested that I put this in a new thread. Ok, here's the deal.

When I run the MP, it crashes. It might happen while loading, or after an
hour of play, or anywhere between. There's never an error message. The
colors get goofy for a second, and then it's gone. It's not minimized. It's
like I never started it.

Any ideas?

Best,
Tom
5 answers Last reply
More about reckoning problem

    "Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Margolis suggested that I put this in a new thread. Ok, here's the deal.
    >
    > When I run the MP, it crashes. It might happen while loading, or after
    an
    > hour of play, or anywhere between. There's never an error message. The
    > colors get goofy for a second, and then it's gone. It's not minimized.
    It's
    > like I never started it.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Best,
    > Tom

    Hi Tom,
    Some shots in the dark:
    I noticed the xatrixpatch on your ftp site. Did you install it? If so,
    try uninstalling.
    Also, did you install q2admin? I've had problems with single player
    when its installed.
    What OS are you running? Memory, etc.
    And lastly, did you have this problem with an on-line game or just sp?

    G.

    > Hi George,
    >
    > Answers one by one.
    >
    > "George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote in message >
    > Hi Tom,
    > > Some shots in the dark:
    > > I noticed the xatrixpatch on your ftp site. Did you install it? If
    > so,
    > > try uninstalling.
    >
    > I did install it, but had the problem before that. The problem is with the
    > Rouge MP anyway.

    The Reckoning is in the xatrix folder, BTW. If you put the wrong
    gamex86.dll in the xatrix folder, bad things will happen.

    G.

    > The Reckoning is in the xatrix folder, BTW. If you put the wrong
    > gamex86.dll in the xatrix folder, bad things will happen.

    In other words, if you had installed the 3.2 patch and then xatrix later, it
    probably put an old one in there. So in that case you need to take the 3.2
    file from baseq2 and put it in the xatrix folder!

    David

    Doh! And furthermore Duh! For some reason I had Xatrix, Rogue, Reckoning,
    and Ground Zero switched around in my feeble mind. Thanks to all who pointed
    to my error, and sorry to Margolis, who I tried to "correct".

    All the files are in the right places, and they always were. The reckoning
    seems to run ok now, but only time will tell. Right now I'm hot on GZ SP.

    I'll put up a reckoning server on Saturday if we can get at least one
    veteran to take point. 4 rookies poking around at random can get tedious.
    Running the server would be an acid test to see if the problem is really
    resolved.

    Best,
    Tom

    > Doh! And furthermore Duh! For some reason I had Xatrix, Rogue, Reckoning,
    > and Ground Zero switched around in my feeble mind. Thanks to all who
    pointed
    > to my error, and sorry to Margolis, who I tried to "correct".
    >
    > All the files are in the right places, and they always were. The reckoning
    > seems to run ok now, but only time will tell. Right now I'm hot on GZ SP.
    >
    > I'll put up a reckoning server on Saturday if we can get at least one
    > veteran to take point. 4 rookies poking around at random can get tedious.
    > Running the server would be an acid test to see if the problem is really
    > resolved.
    >
    > Best,
    > Tom

    Hi Tom,
    I think my major mistake was to make my server PUBLIC. I should be
    there to help with the effort.

    G.

Games Error Message Video Games