my start button doesn't work

Hi,

I have xp pro on my notebook and my start (windows) button no longer brings
up the usual menu. Also the quick launch menu bar wont let me rearrange
icons.

I thought that it could be realted to my keyboard, but when I plugged in an
external keyboard the isse is still there.

Any assistance appreciated.

Doug

Try installing xp cd,exit the info page,then go to run,type:cmd In cmd type:
Sfc /Scannow If run isn't accessable,press:Ctrl_Alt_Delete In task
mgr,proc-
esses,new task,type:cmd When its thru,type:CHKDSK C: /F Agree to restart,
then type:EXIT Restart computer,remove xp cd.

"Doug" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have xp pro on my notebook and my start (windows) button no longer brings
> up the usual menu. Also the quick launch menu bar wont let me rearrange
> icons.
>
> I thought that it could be realted to my keyboard, but when I plugged in an
> external keyboard the isse is still there.
>
> Any assistance appreciated.
>
> Doug

Hi Doug,

What does it bring up?

Have you tried right-clicking the taskbar and clicking on "lock the taskbar"
if it is currently checked?

Have you run any antispyware applications lately, as odd behavior is often
attributed to the infestation of a system by these programs. Try:

Adaware www.lavasoft.de
Spybot www.safer-networking.org

--
Best of Luck,