Vista Memory Manager Freak Out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

doombusterfx

Nov 9, 2005
Hi, i have a problem with Windows Vista Memory Manager. I Have 2Gb or ram DDR2 1150Mhz. When i start Windows is use 70% of the physical memory then when it finish to load windows it drop to 60%. After a couple of minute it going to 70% then 75%, 80%, 85%, 90% and 95% and it stay there for a couple a minute then it drop back to 70% and sometime it drop to 50%. Then again it doing the same thing again. I must say that it it those that i am listening to music only. That problem make my computer lag sometime. I check on the net and it said that it might be Windows SuperFetch that cause the problem. If anyone of you have any comment on the subject that might help me to resolve this conflict, don't be shy to tell me.
My cpu spec
CPU: Intel Core 2 quad Extreme QX6850 3.00G
MB: Asus P5N32-E SLI
Ram: 2Gb OCZ Reaper kit 1150mhz
HDD: 750G Western Digital SataII
Video card: eVGA GeForce 8800 Ultra
Sound Card: Soundblaster X-FI Pro Fatality

Thanks and have a nice day!!!

Solution
It's Superfetch pre-caching things the system thinks you will use, so they launch faster. Superfetch surrenders memory to active programs just as if it were empty, so from a performance perspective the impact is very minimal. But if you don't like the display to show usage, you can shut Superfetch off in your preferences.
It's Superfetch pre-caching things the system thinks you will use, so they launch faster. Superfetch surrenders memory to active programs just as if it were empty, so from a performance perspective the impact is very minimal. But if you don't like the display to show usage, you can shut Superfetch off in your preferences.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.