removing services

Hi I have 4 services in my management console - (start, control panel, admin
tools, computer management, services and applications, services) that I
would like to remove.

I used to have a method of removing these - but cant remember how to now.

Any assistance appreciated.

Doug
1 answer Last reply
More about removing services

    Hi Doug,

    Some services are necessary, even though they may not appear to be. Often,
    they support some other process, so disabling them is not recommended unless
    you know exactly the implications of it. You do not need to remove them, you
    can simply disable them via the services tab of msconfig, or by double
    clicking them from the services snap-in and setting the startup type to
    disabled.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Doug" <dougie_cam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi I have 4 services in my management console - (start, control panel,
    > admin tools, computer management, services and applications, services)
    > that I would like to remove.
    >
    > I used to have a method of removing these - but cant remember how to now.
    >
    > Any assistance appreciated.
    >
    > Doug

Control Panel Management Microsoft Windows XP