Question about kingston ram

cdos

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
hello , i like to ask about the kingston kvr800 d2n5 1g
gona use it in the asus p5n32-e sli

at first i wanted to buy the corsair ddr 2 800 1g xms2 cl5 but do to problems that i cant get in to i may have to go with a kingston ram

i tryed to find reviews but i cant find any so can u guyz plez help me out

will this kingston ram be good or if u can giv me few tips on where to find good reviews for rams that will help a ton:)

p5n32/c2d6600/gtx/....

Mondoman

Splendid
Why not? The higher quality chips go into the premium memory, and the lower quality chips go into the value memory.
At least with Kingston's ValueRAM you can expect the module to pretty much always work in your system, unlike with some other brands' value lines.

cdos

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
kk so am bit of a noobe and i dont plan on doing much of overclocking
but not haveing the option to do it at all ,like i sayd ,dont sound right

let me ask u this is there a better kingston i can get ( that will cost bit more and work with the mb am geting ) and will giv me good timeing/can be overclock

ps
sorry did not really understand the higher lower thinge:) bad english
premium memory??

Alsone

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2006
I have 4Gb of Kingston Hyper X in the same board (650i version) and it runs like a dream. 1st time I've ever used Kingston always liked Corsair but it wasn't compatible.

This is the memory I bought:

Kingston HyperX 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 PC2-6400C4 Low Latency Dual Channel Kit (KHX6400D2LLK2/2G)

The timings I running it at (see signature) are actually specified for 2.0 volts and I'm running the memory at only 1.8 volts, so its actually running much tighter than specification, it should be 5-5-5-15 at 1.8 volts if I remember correctly.

cdos

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
nvm :)
my problem with corasir got fix:D so back to the ddr2 800 xms2

id like to say thx any way for trying to help me

:D