Where the heck do I get Vista SP1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my system ran perfect before SP1. After initial install, I noticed the system seem to gain some overall speed to the touch, if that means anything. Incredibally, I did not have a single issue with VISTA 64 on this machine. Other than 'sleep' functon does not work properly. I will mention the use of 'Superfetch' with 8 GB of RAM and a 4 GB flash drive dedicated to 'Readyboost' make this a very fast, enjoyable machine to work on. It all spoils one to be sure. Actually, there is a long list of issues addressed by SP1. Superfetch being fined tuned was the one issue that was most intriguing to me. I don't know. My system runs awesome. I am so happy with Vista 64 and 'finally' having the 64 bit system I dreamed of having for so long. Just waiting for more 64 bit apps and uses for it. Vista 64 certainly gives the hardware like RAM and 64 bit processor a big boost in the way of system capability and overall performance possibilities. I have used VISTA since BETA 1. Had it installed on an Athlon 3200 with 1 GB RAM and a 9200 raden. I must be lucky, but I have never had a single problem with VISTA since it's inception. Other than some ancient hardware and a few older applications that wouldn't cooperate, I've been good. Maybe some of the others can make a more definitive assesment of SP1.

Status
Not open for further replies.