Status
Not open for further replies.

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
Ok so it appears the Sound Blaster Audigy sux really bad for vista, getting sick of distortion when on load. Is the Xfi any better and not do this distorition crap or is there another brand to look at?

chewbacco

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
Vista 32 and x-fi work, vista 64 and x-fi do not, or maybe, seems like a crap shoot, some people have problems, others dont, myself being the former. tried installing every driver for vista 64, works for an hour (maybe) then goes right back to snap, crackle, pop. (sometimes even BSOD)

I currently have a xi-fi extremegamer fatality with vista 64 on my home gaming system, and it works just fine. I did not have problems with crackling or popping.

Chewbacco, sorry to hear...maybe you should contact Creative for that problem.

chewbacco

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
i have x-fi extreme gamer with vista 64, google "creative sb x-fi vista 64", you'll see i am only 1 out of at least 8,800. they have a petition to creative with over 8800 signatures on it to fix their (insert expletive here) drivers. but like i said, seems to be a crap shoot. I think it also depends on your MOBO as creative is trying to blame nforce 4 boards, but i dont have an nforce 4 board. currently doing research into changing acpi irq settings to see if that will fix it, as all my USB adapters + Video card + sound card are all running on the same irq, but it seems any version of windows does not like you to change irq settings. If this does not work im going to see if i can get a refund and get a different card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS