SS and SJ, works together?

When using superjump and superspeed, does the forward momentum from SS carry
over to SJ?

"Rom Gin" <romulator@adelphia.net> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>When using superjump and superspeed, does the forward momentum from SS carry
>over to SJ?

Yes.

Xocyll

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:29:24 -0800, "Rom Gin" <romulator@adelphia.net>
wrote:

>When using superjump and superspeed, does the forward momentum from SS carry
>over to SJ?

Doesnt need to, SJ has its own forward momentum that is as fast.

Quantum Tarantino <QuantumTarantino@Gmail.com> wrote:
>> When using superjump and superspeed, does the forward momentum from SS
>> carry over to SJ?

> Doesnt need to, SJ has its own forward momentum that is as fast.

How does SJ do in indoor missions - does it just have horizontal motion?

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 25 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

"Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in message
> Quantum Tarantino <QuantumTarantino@Gmail.com> wrote:
> >> When using superjump and superspeed, does the forward momentum from SS
> >> carry over to SJ?
>
> > Doesnt need to, SJ has its own forward momentum that is as fast.
>
> How does SJ do in indoor missions - does it just have horizontal motion?

Speaking of indoors, I'm curious about the height of your jump on indoor
missions. Do you end up bumping your head on the ceiling all the time?

Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> looked up from reading the
say:

>Quantum Tarantino <QuantumTarantino@Gmail.com> wrote:
>>> When using superjump and superspeed, does the forward momentum from SS
>>> carry over to SJ?
>
>> Doesnt need to, SJ has its own forward momentum that is as fast.
>
>How does SJ do in indoor missions - does it just have horizontal motion?

If you have good ceiling height like in most warehouses - no problem.
Those low corridors though it's not very good in.
You just have to get used to not holding the spacebar so you make little
jumps - with practice you can get fairly good distance for those little
hops.

Xocyll

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:32:15 -0800, "Rom Gin" <romulator@adelphia.net>
wrote:

>"Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in message
>>
>> > Doesnt need to, SJ has its own forward momentum that is as fast.
>>
>> How does SJ do in indoor missions - does it just have horizontal motion?
>>

>Speaking of indoors, I'm curious about the height of your jump on indoor
>missions. Do you end up bumping your head on the ceiling all the time?

SJ has a very nice horizontal speed even if you do hit the ceiling.
The main problem with using it in indoor missions is hitting things
like light fixtures, beams, etc. It's actually kind of comical -- it
feels so cool to use SJ indoors to leap across huge rooms... until you
get yourself wedged between a light fixture and the ceiling. Then you
just feel stupid.

Still, I have less problem using it indoors than I have using SS
indoors (where I always get stuck in doorways, and even low obstacles
can cause you serious problems when using it to make an escape.

-Graham

wrote:

>"Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in message
>>
>> > Doesnt need to, SJ has its own forward momentum that is as fast.
>>
>> How does SJ do in indoor missions - does it just have horizontal motion?
>>

>Speaking of indoors, I'm curious about the height of your jump on indoor
>missions. Do you end up bumping your head on the ceiling all the time?

Most people with SJ also have CJ, and since the two are mutually
exclusive, you turn CJ on for the extra defence when entering a mission.
Of course, the height of the jump depends on how long you hold down the
jump key as well as which power you have active - it's quite possible
for someone with SJ to just zoom along a little above ground level with
a bit of practice, but this isn't usually any faster than jumping to the
full height allowed.

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 13:04:28 +1100, Greg Johnson <greg.gsj@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Most people with SJ also have CJ, and since the two are mutually
>exclusive, you turn CJ on for the extra defence when entering a mission.
>Of course, the height of the jump depends on how long you hold down the
>jump key as well as which power you have active - it's quite possible
>for someone with SJ to just zoom along a little above ground level with
>a bit of practice, but this isn't usually any faster than jumping to the
>full height allowed.

Actually, from just observation, it seems that the higher the jump,
the faster your overall speed. I'm quite certain that with a pair of
jump SO's in SJ, I was moving faster than I was unenhanced. I think
that, as long as the momentum is the same, the longer the arc is, the
faster you cover the same ground distance.

--
Dark Tyger

Sympathy for the retailer:
http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html
"Door's to your left" -Gord

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814

nostromo

Thus spake Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>, Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:05:23 -0500,
Anno Domini:

>"Rom Gin" <romulator@adelphia.net> looked up from reading the entrails
>of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:
>
>>When using superjump and superspeed, does the forward momentum from SS carry
>>over to SJ?
>
>Yes.
>
>Xocyll

As I said in the other thread - awesome combo! :) I needed Hasten for my
blaster anyway & could certainly use CJ & Acro - why not I said? Glad I did!

--
No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again.
Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit?

In article <0q4f31pcut8ja49u0d9css1ds308cmldo8@4ax.com>, Greg Johnson wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:32:15 -0800, "Rom Gin" <romulator@adelphia.net>
> wrote:
>

>>"Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in message

>>> How does SJ do in indoor missions - does it just have horizontal motion?
>>>

>>Speaking of indoors, I'm curious about the height of your jump on indoor
>>missions. Do you end up bumping your head on the ceiling all the time?
>>
> Most people with SJ also have CJ, and since the two are
> mutually exclusive, you turn CJ on for the extra defence when
> entering a mission. Of course, the height of the jump depends
> on how long you hold down the jump key as well as which power
> you have active - it's quite possible for someone with SJ to
> just zoom along a little above ground level with a bit of
> practice, but this isn't usually any faster than jumping to the
> full height allowed.

Plus, Super Leap's endurance drain isn't really combat friendly.

--
Neil Cerutti
Eddie Robinson is about one word: winning and losing. --Eddie

Mulligan

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

"Rom Gin" <romulator@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> When using superjump and superspeed, does the forward momentum from SS
carry
> over to SJ?

SS does "not" increase the speed or distance of SJ, it is however nice to
have.

Dave

Mulligan

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

"Neil Cerutti" <neil.cerutti@tds.net> wrote in message
> In article <0q4f31pcut8ja49u0d9css1ds308cmldo8@4ax.com>, Greg Johnson
wrote:
> > On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:32:15 -0800, "Rom Gin" <romulator@adelphia.net>
> > wrote:
> >

> >>"Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in message
SS

> >>Speaking of indoors, I'm curious about the height of your jump on indoor
> >>missions. Do you end up bumping your head on the ceiling all the time?
> >>
> > Most people with SJ also have CJ, and since the two are
> > mutually exclusive, you turn CJ on for the extra defence when
> > entering a mission. Of course, the height of the jump depends
> > on how long you hold down the jump key as well as which power
> > you have active - it's quite possible for someone with SJ to
> > just zoom along a little above ground level with a bit of
> > practice, but this isn't usually any faster than jumping to the
> > full height allowed.
>
> Plus, Super Leap's endurance drain isn't really combat friendly.

Super Jump expends very little endurance...

Dave

Mulligan wrote:

>> > Most people with SJ also have CJ, and since the two are
>> > mutually exclusive, you turn CJ on for the extra defence when
>> > entering a mission. Of course, the height of the jump depends
>> > on how long you hold down the jump key as well as which power
>> > you have active - it's quite possible for someone with SJ to
>> > just zoom along a little above ground level with a bit of
>> > practice, but this isn't usually any faster than jumping to the
>> > full height allowed.
>>
>> Plus, Super Leap's endurance drain isn't really combat friendly.
>
> Super Jump expends very little endurance...

It's 0.54 eps vs Combat Jumpings 0.08 eps.
That can make a real difference.

Of course, SS is a similar cost to Combat Jumping but that tends to get
an EndRdx while SJ gets a Jump enh.

--
| Victory Server: |
| Bex - Level 34 Blaster (Assault Rifle/Devices) |

nostromo

Thus spake John Parkinson <jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk>, 16 Mar
2005 15:27:18 GMT, Anno Domini:

>>> Plus, Super Leap's endurance drain isn't really combat friendly.
>>
>> Super Jump expends very little endurance...
>
>It's 0.54 eps vs Combat Jumpings 0.08 eps.
>That can make a real difference.
>
>Of course, SS is a similar cost to Combat Jumping but that tends to get
>an EndRdx while SJ gets a Jump enh.

No way - 1 SO each for SS/SJ on my blaster - he flies! :)

--
No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again.
Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit?
I feel like the maid; "I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

ingot

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2004

"Dark Tyger" <darktiger@somewhere.net> wrote

> Actually, from just observation, it seems that the higher the jump,
> the faster your overall speed. I'm quite certain that with a pair of
> jump SO's in SJ, I was moving faster than I was unenhanced. I think
> that, as long as the momentum is the same, the longer the arc is, the
> faster you cover the same ground distance.

Another thing I've found about SJ, is that it helps against falling damage.

Being a 31 tank, I decided recently to climb a building as far as I could
(to the "ceiling", and jump off to see what damage I took. I did it twice,
once with SJ off, and again with it on. I took significantly less damage
when I had SJ turned "on".

My guess is that having SJ on gives you your max jump height "free" when
falling, so that you don't take damage just jumping across a level area.

FirePlug

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:13:43 -0500, "Ingot"
<cleahy@spamstinks.iglou.com> wrote:

>"Dark Tyger" <darktiger@somewhere.net> wrote
>
>> Actually, from just observation, it seems that the higher the jump,
>> the faster your overall speed. I'm quite certain that with a pair of
>> jump SO's in SJ, I was moving faster than I was unenhanced. I think
>> that, as long as the momentum is the same, the longer the arc is, the
>> faster you cover the same ground distance.
>

>Another thing I've found about SJ, is that it helps against falling damage.
>
>Being a 31 tank, I decided recently to climb a building as far as I could
>(to the "ceiling", and jump off to see what damage I took. I did it twice,
>once with SJ off, and again with it on. I took significantly less damage
>when I had SJ turned "on".
>
>My guess is that having SJ on gives you your max jump height "free" when
>falling, so that you don't take damage just jumping across a level area.

I haven't noticed that. I'd fallen MUCH below my max jump height and
taken damage before. I'd suggest doing that experiment a few more
times, the damage might actually have some variables...

What it is that keeps you taking damage jumping across level areas is
that you're not considered to be "falling" until you drop below the
height you were at when you started the jump.

--
Dark Tyger

Sympathy for the retailer:
http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html
"Door's to your left" -Gord

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:13:43 -0500, "Ingot"
<cleahy@spamstinks.iglou.com> wrote:

>"Dark Tyger" <darktiger@somewhere.net> wrote
>
>> Actually, from just observation, it seems that the higher the jump,
>> the faster your overall speed. I'm quite certain that with a pair of
>> jump SO's in SJ, I was moving faster than I was unenhanced. I think
>> that, as long as the momentum is the same, the longer the arc is, the
>> faster you cover the same ground distance.
>

>Another thing I've found about SJ, is that it helps against falling damage.
>
>Being a 31 tank, I decided recently to climb a building as far as I could
>(to the "ceiling", and jump off to see what damage I took. I did it twice,
>once with SJ off, and again with it on. I took significantly less damage
>when I had SJ turned "on".
>
>My guess is that having SJ on gives you your max jump height "free" when
>falling, so that you don't take damage just jumping across a level area.

Yes, quite true. CJ does the same thing, in a smaller way.

ingot

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2004

"Dark Tyger" <darktiger@somewhere.net> wrote

> I haven't noticed that. I'd fallen MUCH below my max jump height and
> taken damage before. I'd suggest doing that experiment a few more
> times, the damage might actually have some variables...

<snip>

Well, there's a building near to the Talos station, that has two ledges
toward the top. You can jump up the window sills to the first one, and the
second one is just on SJ up from there.

At that point you are so high that one more superjump bumps your head on the
"zone ceiling" almost immediately.

From there I've gotten almost identical results everytime I've tried. The
last one was:

Step off, SJ not activated, 456
again, 457

step off SJ activated, 396
again, 396

<shrug> You're right in that it may be much more complicated than I
thought, but having SJ activated truly seems to cut down on your damage.

FirePlug