SS and SJ, works together?

When using superjump and superspeed, does the forward momentum from SS carry
over to SJ?
18 answers Last reply
More about works together
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Rom Gin" <romulator@adelphia.net> looked up from reading the entrails
    of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

    >When using superjump and superspeed, does the forward momentum from SS carry
    >over to SJ?

    Yes.

    Xocyll
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:29:24 -0800, "Rom Gin" <romulator@adelphia.net>
    wrote:

    >When using superjump and superspeed, does the forward momentum from SS carry
    >over to SJ?

    Doesnt need to, SJ has its own forward momentum that is as fast.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Quantum Tarantino <QuantumTarantino@Gmail.com> wrote:
    >> When using superjump and superspeed, does the forward momentum from SS
    >> carry over to SJ?

    > Doesnt need to, SJ has its own forward momentum that is as fast.

    How does SJ do in indoor missions - does it just have horizontal motion?

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 25 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

    "Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in message
    > Quantum Tarantino <QuantumTarantino@Gmail.com> wrote:
    > >> When using superjump and superspeed, does the forward momentum from SS
    > >> carry over to SJ?
    >
    > > Doesnt need to, SJ has its own forward momentum that is as fast.
    >
    > How does SJ do in indoor missions - does it just have horizontal motion?

    Speaking of indoors, I'm curious about the height of your jump on indoor
    missions. Do you end up bumping your head on the ceiling all the time?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> looked up from reading the
    say:

    >Quantum Tarantino <QuantumTarantino@Gmail.com> wrote:
    >>> When using superjump and superspeed, does the forward momentum from SS
    >>> carry over to SJ?
    >
    >> Doesnt need to, SJ has its own forward momentum that is as fast.
    >
    >How does SJ do in indoor missions - does it just have horizontal motion?

    If you have good ceiling height like in most warehouses - no problem.
    Those low corridors though it's not very good in.
    You just have to get used to not holding the spacebar so you make little
    jumps - with practice you can get fairly good distance for those little
    hops.

    Xocyll
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:32:15 -0800, "Rom Gin" <romulator@adelphia.net>
    wrote:

    >"Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in message
    >>
    >> > Doesnt need to, SJ has its own forward momentum that is as fast.
    >>
    >> How does SJ do in indoor missions - does it just have horizontal motion?
    >>

    >Speaking of indoors, I'm curious about the height of your jump on indoor
    >missions. Do you end up bumping your head on the ceiling all the time?

    SJ has a very nice horizontal speed even if you do hit the ceiling.
    The main problem with using it in indoor missions is hitting things
    like light fixtures, beams, etc. It's actually kind of comical -- it
    feels so cool to use SJ indoors to leap across huge rooms... until you
    get yourself wedged between a light fixture and the ceiling. Then you
    just feel stupid.

    Still, I have less problem using it indoors than I have using SS
    indoors (where I always get stuck in doorways, and even low obstacles
    can cause you serious problems when using it to make an escape.

    -Graham
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    wrote:

    >"Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in message
    >>
    >> > Doesnt need to, SJ has its own forward momentum that is as fast.
    >>
    >> How does SJ do in indoor missions - does it just have horizontal motion?
    >>

    >Speaking of indoors, I'm curious about the height of your jump on indoor
    >missions. Do you end up bumping your head on the ceiling all the time?

    Most people with SJ also have CJ, and since the two are mutually
    exclusive, you turn CJ on for the extra defence when entering a mission.
    Of course, the height of the jump depends on how long you hold down the
    jump key as well as which power you have active - it's quite possible
    for someone with SJ to just zoom along a little above ground level with
    a bit of practice, but this isn't usually any faster than jumping to the
    full height allowed.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 13:04:28 +1100, Greg Johnson <greg.gsj@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Most people with SJ also have CJ, and since the two are mutually
    >exclusive, you turn CJ on for the extra defence when entering a mission.
    >Of course, the height of the jump depends on how long you hold down the
    >jump key as well as which power you have active - it's quite possible
    >for someone with SJ to just zoom along a little above ground level with
    >a bit of practice, but this isn't usually any faster than jumping to the
    >full height allowed.

    Actually, from just observation, it seems that the higher the jump,
    the faster your overall speed. I'm quite certain that with a pair of
    jump SO's in SJ, I was moving faster than I was unenhanced. I think
    that, as long as the momentum is the same, the longer the arc is, the
    faster you cover the same ground distance.

    --
    Dark Tyger

    Sympathy for the retailer:
    http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html
    "Door's to your left" -Gord

    Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
    http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Thus spake Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>, Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:05:23 -0500,
    Anno Domini:

    >"Rom Gin" <romulator@adelphia.net> looked up from reading the entrails
    >of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:
    >
    >>When using superjump and superspeed, does the forward momentum from SS carry
    >>over to SJ?
    >
    >Yes.
    >
    >Xocyll

    As I said in the other thread - awesome combo! :) I needed Hasten for my
    blaster anyway & could certainly use CJ & Acro - why not I said? Glad I did!

    --
    No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again.
    Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit?

  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    In article <0q4f31pcut8ja49u0d9css1ds308cmldo8@4ax.com>, Greg Johnson wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:32:15 -0800, "Rom Gin" <romulator@adelphia.net>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in message

    >>> How does SJ do in indoor missions - does it just have horizontal motion?
    >>>

    >>Speaking of indoors, I'm curious about the height of your jump on indoor
    >>missions. Do you end up bumping your head on the ceiling all the time?
    >>
    > Most people with SJ also have CJ, and since the two are
    > mutually exclusive, you turn CJ on for the extra defence when
    > entering a mission. Of course, the height of the jump depends
    > on how long you hold down the jump key as well as which power
    > you have active - it's quite possible for someone with SJ to
    > just zoom along a little above ground level with a bit of
    > practice, but this isn't usually any faster than jumping to the
    > full height allowed.

    Plus, Super Leap's endurance drain isn't really combat friendly.

    --
    Neil Cerutti
    Eddie Robinson is about one word: winning and losing. --Eddie

    "Rom Gin" <romulator@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > When using superjump and superspeed, does the forward momentum from SS
    carry
    > over to SJ?

    SS does "not" increase the speed or distance of SJ, it is however nice to
    have.

    Dave
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Neil Cerutti" <neil.cerutti@tds.net> wrote in message
    > In article <0q4f31pcut8ja49u0d9css1ds308cmldo8@4ax.com>, Greg Johnson
    wrote:
    > > On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:32:15 -0800, "Rom Gin" <romulator@adelphia.net>
    > > wrote:
    > >

    > >>"Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in message
    SS

    > >>Speaking of indoors, I'm curious about the height of your jump on indoor
    > >>missions. Do you end up bumping your head on the ceiling all the time?
    > >>
    > > Most people with SJ also have CJ, and since the two are
    > > mutually exclusive, you turn CJ on for the extra defence when
    > > entering a mission. Of course, the height of the jump depends
    > > on how long you hold down the jump key as well as which power
    > > you have active - it's quite possible for someone with SJ to
    > > just zoom along a little above ground level with a bit of
    > > practice, but this isn't usually any faster than jumping to the
    > > full height allowed.
    >
    > Plus, Super Leap's endurance drain isn't really combat friendly.

    Super Jump expends very little endurance...

    Dave
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Mulligan wrote:

    >> > Most people with SJ also have CJ, and since the two are
    >> > mutually exclusive, you turn CJ on for the extra defence when
    >> > entering a mission. Of course, the height of the jump depends
    >> > on how long you hold down the jump key as well as which power
    >> > you have active - it's quite possible for someone with SJ to
    >> > just zoom along a little above ground level with a bit of
    >> > practice, but this isn't usually any faster than jumping to the
    >> > full height allowed.
    >>
    >> Plus, Super Leap's endurance drain isn't really combat friendly.
    >
    > Super Jump expends very little endurance...

    It's 0.54 eps vs Combat Jumpings 0.08 eps.
    That can make a real difference.

    Of course, SS is a similar cost to Combat Jumping but that tends to get
    an EndRdx while SJ gets a Jump enh.

    --
    | Victory Server: |
    | Bex - Level 34 Blaster (Assault Rifle/Devices) |

    Thus spake John Parkinson <jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk>, 16 Mar
    2005 15:27:18 GMT, Anno Domini:

    >>> Plus, Super Leap's endurance drain isn't really combat friendly.
    >>
    >> Super Jump expends very little endurance...
    >
    >It's 0.54 eps vs Combat Jumpings 0.08 eps.
    >That can make a real difference.
    >
    >Of course, SS is a similar cost to Combat Jumping but that tends to get
    >an EndRdx while SJ gets a Jump enh.

    No way - 1 SO each for SS/SJ on my blaster - he flies! :)

    --
    No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again.
    Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit?
    I feel like the maid; "I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Dark Tyger" <darktiger@somewhere.net> wrote

    > Actually, from just observation, it seems that the higher the jump,
    > the faster your overall speed. I'm quite certain that with a pair of
    > jump SO's in SJ, I was moving faster than I was unenhanced. I think
    > that, as long as the momentum is the same, the longer the arc is, the
    > faster you cover the same ground distance.

    Another thing I've found about SJ, is that it helps against falling damage.

    Being a 31 tank, I decided recently to climb a building as far as I could
    (to the "ceiling", and jump off to see what damage I took. I did it twice,
    once with SJ off, and again with it on. I took significantly less damage
    when I had SJ turned "on".

    My guess is that having SJ on gives you your max jump height "free" when
    falling, so that you don't take damage just jumping across a level area.

    FirePlug
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:13:43 -0500, "Ingot"
    <cleahy@spamstinks.iglou.com> wrote:

    >"Dark Tyger" <darktiger@somewhere.net> wrote
    >
    >> Actually, from just observation, it seems that the higher the jump,
    >> the faster your overall speed. I'm quite certain that with a pair of
    >> jump SO's in SJ, I was moving faster than I was unenhanced. I think
    >> that, as long as the momentum is the same, the longer the arc is, the
    >> faster you cover the same ground distance.
    >

    >Another thing I've found about SJ, is that it helps against falling damage.
    >
    >Being a 31 tank, I decided recently to climb a building as far as I could
    >(to the "ceiling", and jump off to see what damage I took. I did it twice,
    >once with SJ off, and again with it on. I took significantly less damage
    >when I had SJ turned "on".
    >
    >My guess is that having SJ on gives you your max jump height "free" when
    >falling, so that you don't take damage just jumping across a level area.

    I haven't noticed that. I'd fallen MUCH below my max jump height and
    taken damage before. I'd suggest doing that experiment a few more
    times, the damage might actually have some variables...

    What it is that keeps you taking damage jumping across level areas is
    that you're not considered to be "falling" until you drop below the
    height you were at when you started the jump.

    --
    Dark Tyger

    Sympathy for the retailer:
    http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html
    "Door's to your left" -Gord

    Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
    http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:13:43 -0500, "Ingot"
    <cleahy@spamstinks.iglou.com> wrote:

    >"Dark Tyger" <darktiger@somewhere.net> wrote
    >
    >> Actually, from just observation, it seems that the higher the jump,
    >> the faster your overall speed. I'm quite certain that with a pair of
    >> jump SO's in SJ, I was moving faster than I was unenhanced. I think
    >> that, as long as the momentum is the same, the longer the arc is, the
    >> faster you cover the same ground distance.
    >

    >Another thing I've found about SJ, is that it helps against falling damage.
    >
    >Being a 31 tank, I decided recently to climb a building as far as I could
    >(to the "ceiling", and jump off to see what damage I took. I did it twice,
    >once with SJ off, and again with it on. I took significantly less damage
    >when I had SJ turned "on".
    >
    >My guess is that having SJ on gives you your max jump height "free" when
    >falling, so that you don't take damage just jumping across a level area.

    Yes, quite true. CJ does the same thing, in a smaller way.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Dark Tyger" <darktiger@somewhere.net> wrote

    > I haven't noticed that. I'd fallen MUCH below my max jump height and
    > taken damage before. I'd suggest doing that experiment a few more
    > times, the damage might actually have some variables...

    <snip>

    Well, there's a building near to the Talos station, that has two ledges
    toward the top. You can jump up the window sills to the first one, and the
    second one is just on SJ up from there.

    At that point you are so high that one more superjump bumps your head on the
    "zone ceiling" almost immediately.

    From there I've gotten almost identical results everytime I've tried. The
    last one was:

    Step off, SJ not activated, 456
    again, 457

    step off SJ activated, 396
    again, 396

    <shrug> You're right in that it may be much more complicated than I
    thought, but having SJ activated truly seems to cut down on your damage.

    FirePlug

Games Video Games