NEC 1525V - Blue/Purple Screen

jg1234

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2002
Folks,

I have a NEC 1525v LCD Flat Panel. I had in storage for about 6 months ( laying flat on it's side ) and when I went to plug it in Windows loaded but I got a bluish/purple haze on the monitor.

Any ideas ?? ( Connections are solid, Video Card is ATI Rage 128 Pro - latest drivers etc..)

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
What do u mean by side and was it touching anything/ was anything pressing the screen. Most likely it seems though there may be a bent pin in the connection. Are u using analog or digital?

My frog asked me for a straw...dunno what happened his ass all over the place :eek:

jg1234

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2002
Oh well. We figured it out. The NEC LCD is not working. But I am very happy to say the folsk at NEC are replacing the monitor. They were real cool about it. My hat's off to them. I have nothing but praise for NEC.

It wasn't the cable connections. All pins were in perfect shape. I tried the monitor on another computer and no difference. I then tried another monitor on the first computer and it worked fine - so it's the NEC LCD that has a problem.