  • Windows XP
  • Microsoft
  • Hidden Files
May 14, 2005 7:39:15 AM

Hi
Can any one tell me if XP PRO has any short cuts or any hidden files that
you done seem to find?

Many thanks

David Watts

More about : short cuts hidden files

Anonymous
May 14, 2005 10:59:02 AM

Hi David,

I'm not sure what you mean. There are folders that are designated as system
and hidden, and often have both (referred to as "super hidden"). This is
done to prevent the casual user from tinkering where they don't need to be.
If you set your folder viewing options correctly you can see them, otherwise
not. If you are referring to what are commonly known as "easter eggs", then
no there are none.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/