Help please Bad Image checksum error

J-D78

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
Hello everyone, I am having some major problems with a fairly new build and have been unable to correct the problem on my own, I could really use some help.

First things first I am running windows xp pro OEM on this new build, everything has been working flawlessly for the last month up until a few days ago. My problems began when I tried to log in to a game and started noticing major lag and the game would freeze for about 5-10 second every few minutes. Prior to this I had zero problems when gaming or using any other programs. So I did all of the usual virus/spyware/registry cleaner programs which didn't help and I noticed that it was taking my OS an extremely long time to load, sometimes up to two minutes or longer. So I figured a fresh install of windows wouldn't hurt. I couldn't have been more wrong. Prior to that I was trying to test out components to see if I had some hardware failures but my BIOS doesn't have an option to scan hardware for some odd reason so I went ahead and wiped the partion (without making a backup disk first, yeah stupid move...I know).

Ok, so i made two partions, one for a backup and the other one I installed the fresh OS on. After the download my windows began loading and promptly gave me a blue screen error stating that:

Stop:c0000221 {Bad Image checksum} The image SHDOCVW.dll is possibly corrupt. The header checksum does not match the computed checksum

So I checked the internet and found a couple of options, one saying to try a windows repair which didn't work, same error, then I read that I could replace the corrupted file by way of burning it on a disk but I don't see how that will help when I can't get into windows at all. So I deleted the partion and did another fresh install of windows, this time I recieved a new error stating that:

Stop: c000021a {Fatal system Error} The sessions Manager Initilization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000026c (0x00000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down.

Ok so I once again tried to repair windows and now I have the first error back and still can't load my windows. I've tried booting in safe mode, reseating the ram, one at a time to see if one of them had failed, I'm still trying to find information online but I am completely lost as for as what I need to do to fix this. Any suggestions you may have would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

Checksum error=replace MB battery. Run memtest and check for errors. If you have installed any hardware, like RAM, remove it and put the system back to the hardware config that ran properly.

J-D78

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
This issue was resolved for now by resetting the BIOS and reinstalling the OS. Thanks for the suggestions