Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Dimension 4100 Recovery CD\'s

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
September 8, 2011 6:15:08 AM

my dell 4100 computer shows a blue screen and says Inaccessible boot device how do i fix it ? [Personal information wiped from the face of the planet and beamed into cyberspace]

Best solution

Anonymous
September 8, 2011 10:50:40 AM

Boot from the Windows CD, get into the Recovery Console and run chkdsk c: /p/r until there are no errors.
September 11, 2011 2:19:51 PM

Hi

As replied by Grumpy9117, you can run the repair from recovery console and also would suggest to run a diagnostics on the hard drive to make sure its fine.
In case you have any concerns getting this to work, please contact our tech support over the phone or reach out to us at @dellcares on twitter or facebook.com/dell, we will be glad to help.

Thanks and regards
ShridharAtDell
Score
Related resources
September 12, 2011 11:29:32 AM

How do I cheack the operating system ?
Can I download a free OP ? were can I go to get one if I can download one ?
Thank you
Score
September 18, 2011 9:44:51 PM

Hi ShridharAtDell,

Sounds like you may be able to assist me. I have a 4100 running Windows ME. The system has been in storage and worked when stored. I'm stuck on the Dell blue 'flash' page and can't get past it.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Pam

ShridharAtDell said:
Hi

As replied by Grumpy9117, you can run the repair from recovery console and also would suggest to run a diagnostics on the hard drive to make sure its fine.
In case you have any concerns getting this to work, please contact our tech support over the phone or reach out to us at @dellcares on twitter or facebook.com/dell, we will be glad to help.

Thanks and regards
ShridharAtDell

Score
September 19, 2011 3:51:07 PM

A side note, you might find the recovery disks at a mom/pop shop.
Score
September 26, 2011 8:44:15 AM

Best answer selected by g-bob.
Score
November 28, 2011 4:31:44 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!