Open a bkf File???

Hello

I have made a backup with microsoft xp in a File with the extension bkf.
For this I used the Win XP Tools. Now, I have an other Computer with
Windows XP Home, and can't open it! How can I open this file? Which
programm does I need?

Thanks for your help!
4 answers Last reply
More about open file

    Tobias Portmann <tobias.portmann@bluewin.ch> wrote:

    >I have made a backup with microsoft xp in a File with the extension bkf.
    >For this I used the Win XP Tools. Now, I have an other Computer with
    >Windows XP Home, and can't open it! How can I open this file? Which
    >programm does I need?

    NTBACKUP. This is part of all standard Windows XP installations, but
    it may be missing if you are using an OEM version.
    In the Control Panel > Add and remove Programs > Add/remove Windows
    Components you can install Backup if it is not available yet.

    --
    (tm)

    Backup is not installed by default in Windows XP Home Edition. To
    install the program you have two options:

    1. On your XP installation CD, look for a file named
    NTBACKUP.MSI. It should be located in the VALUEADD\MSFT\NTBACKUP
    folder. If you run this file it will install the Backup program.
    2. Download NTBACKUP.MSI from this site:
    http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#backup_home

    Good luck

    --
    Nepatsfan
    "Tobias Portmann" <tobias.portmann@bluewin.ch> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > I have made a backup with microsoft xp in a File with the
    > extension bkf.
    > For this I used the Win XP Tools. Now, I have an other Computer
    > with
    > Windows XP Home, and can't open it! How can I open this file?
    > Which
    > programm does I need?
    >
    > Thanks for your help!
  3. @OP: Nice triple post!