Open a bkf File???

May 14, 2005 7:04:08 PM

Hello

I have made a backup with microsoft xp in a File with the extension bkf.
For this I used the Win XP Tools. Now, I have an other Computer with
Windows XP Home, and can't open it! How can I open this file? Which
programm does I need?

Thanks for your help!

More about : open bkf file

Anonymous
May 14, 2005 7:48:14 PM

Tobias Portmann <tobias.portmann@bluewin.ch> wrote:

>I have made a backup with microsoft xp in a File with the extension bkf.
>For this I used the Win XP Tools. Now, I have an other Computer with
>Windows XP Home, and can't open it! How can I open this file? Which
>programm does I need?

NTBACKUP. This is part of all standard Windows XP installations, but
it may be missing if you are using an OEM version.
In the Control Panel > Add and remove Programs > Add/remove Windows
Components you can install Backup if it is not available yet.

--
(tm)
Anonymous

Backup is not installed by default in Windows XP Home Edition. To
install the program you have two options:

1. On your XP installation CD, look for a file named
NTBACKUP.MSI. It should be located in the VALUEADD\MSFT\NTBACKUP
folder. If you run this file it will install the Backup program.
2. Download NTBACKUP.MSI from this site:
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#backup...

Good luck

--
Nepatsfan