New Gaming & Business System

TSRJIm

Distinguished
May 14, 2007
I use my PC for both gaming and business, so I've been looking to build my first pc that will give me the best of both worlds. I'm not looking to go insane on overclocking, but I will oc some. I'm trying to keep the new system in the $3k area and want to use Vista 64-bit.

Any advice on the following system?

Thermaltake Armor VA 800 Case
EVGA 680i SLI T1 Motherboard
Core 2 Duo E6700 2.66MHz
4gb Memory: Crucial Ballistic DDR2-800
Graphics Card: EVGA nVidia 8800 GTX
Hard Drives (4; Raid 0+1): Seagate Barracuda 320gb
Plextor Premium DVD PX-760A
Soundblaster xTreme Gamer

I'm still looking into water cooling, and that's got me to thinking about changing my current case to the Armor LCS case.

Comments, ideas, suggestions?

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
While this machine would handle any business applications, you might want to think about putting together an inexpensive machine strictly for business use. I have a AM2 X2 3800 with onboard video I use exclusively for business, what you would need would depend on your business. The reason I did this is I have much less concern about viruses and other malware because I don't do anything on the Net but work and checking out some news sites. In addition, I don't test software, have any video editing software, etc. I can live with one of my other machines going down but if my business machine goes down for any reason, it's going to cost me money. At least something to think about.