winExplorer freez when I click on MPG2 file

AndrZ

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
I have a long lasting problem. I have some videos that I converted in mpg2 format. I can't open the folder directly whitout exlorer freezing. The only way I can open the files is with the browser of the videoplayer (JetAudio) and the films play correctly no problem there.
If the folder view is set to details, I can open the folder but when I click on a file it freezes.
I only have this with this format(mpg2), avi and other videoformats don't freeze my explorer.

I was told that it was a codec problem, tried different codecs but the problem persists. Maybe I haven't tried the right codec yet?

arkadi

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
I am sorry to disappoint you but it not likely that you will be able to overcome this problem without reformatting the system, especially after installing a lot of codec’s. I can suggest few things, but I won’t put much hope. If Folder options> set as list view and apply to all folders. (I know it lame, but it can work around you problem). Try to install kazaa lite codec pack, it will reset some settings and can fix you problem. Good luck.

AndrZ

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
Since this problem apeared (1,5 yeares ago) I have reinstalled the computer many times and I mostly use one codec pack. I have switched to an other one recently (cccp) it helps with some files but the problem remains. I have tried with a spetial mpg2 codec pack but that didn't help ether. And if I set the folderoption to list I can open the folder but as soon as I click on the file it frezes.
Weardly I have no problems browsing my files with my multimedia player's file browser (but that is not handy with copying files).
Anyway thanks for the tips, I'll keep on tryin.

TRENDING THREADS