!!HELP!! LAN with satelite DSL

goose36

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2006
Hey guys,

I have a quick question. I'm trying to network two computers for my friend. He had satelite dsl that's connected to his computer via USB cable from his modem. I connected a good crossover cable on both his NIC's, made sure that server and computer browser services were on, put them in the same workgroup (WORKGROUP), and set it up like any other LAN. The problem I'm having is that I can't get the computers to ping each other. I have activity @ the NIC, windows recognized the cables by the way the indicator in the taskbar acts, but I can't get them to ping each other. I even tried another NIC and cable just to be sure that they were ok, but no go. I disabled the firewalls on both machines and still no ping. The only thing that is different with this satelite setup is that he has under network connections two TCP/IP configurations. One for his satelite dsl via USB and the other from his NIC. Is there something I'm missing like a proxy setting so that the NIC's could get their signal from the USB TCP/IP settings. I even created static IP's for the LAN connections, but not sure If I have to plug in the satelite settings in there somewhere. Any help would be appreciated.

G

You should run the Windows Internet Coneection Sharing wizard.

Grumpy