I need help with flash player and ubuntu 10.04 64-bi

rage33

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
Hello any and all who can help,

I recently installed ubuntu 10.04 the 64-bit version. I can't not seem to get Flashplayer 10.1 to work with the 64-bit version of Ubuntu and the flash veersion 10 will play video but i can not get any audio. I have tried tutorial vids from youtube and read several forums around the web and have attempted several terminal commands that have been posted by other that also do not work. If anyone out there knows a solution that would be great, I really enjoy Ubuntu and don't want to stop using it because of the Flash Player. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

MarkG

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2004
There's an auto-update flash package you can install with apt, but I forget what it's called. That automatically downloads and installs the latest version from Adobe's site.

There's also a horribly sound issue where you can't have sound coming from Flash and anything else at the same time; for example if a Flash video is playing (or even paused) you can't play music in Rythmbox.

linux_0

Splendid
I think there's an option get flash in the ubuntu software center, or you can manually get a 32bit firefox, install the 32bit libraries and use the 32bit version of the flash player which ought to work better and crash less.

Good luck :)

rage33

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010

Thanks for the advice, the flash player 10 that is in the ubuntu software center is compatable with 64-bit, how do I manually adjust mozilla to respond as a 32-bit version?