Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Windows 2000 Server

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
October 26, 2011 2:49:32 PM

How to install Windows 2000 server in Gigabyte motherboard GA-X58A-UD3R. If this is possible please share your idea. Thank you so much :hello: 





More about : windows 2000 server

a b V Motherboard
October 26, 2011 4:04:29 PM

Download drivers from Gigabyte web site. Put CD in drive. Boot from CD. Follow on-screen instructions. (You will probably need to press F6 as the installation starts so that you can install the disk driver.)
m
0
l
October 26, 2011 4:27:09 PM

Ijack said:
Download drivers from Gigabyte web site. Put CD in drive. Boot from CD. Follow on-screen instructions. (You will probably need to press F6 as the installation starts so that you can install the disk driver.)


What driver you emphazing jack? I have already Original windows 2000 server operation system...
m
0
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
October 26, 2011 4:39:11 PM

You will certainly need a driver for your disk controller. Windows 2000 didn't know about SATA. It's on the manufacturer's we site.
m
0
l
October 26, 2011 4:58:54 PM

Ijack said:
You will certainly need a driver for your disk controller. Windows 2000 didn't know about SATA. It's on the manufacturer's we site.


How to install to this jack via USB flash drive?
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
October 26, 2011 6:21:15 PM

I'm not sure if that's possible with 2000. I've only ever done it using a floppy disk. It might be possible to use a CD. It's a long time since I've used 2000.
m
0
l
October 26, 2011 6:44:58 PM

Ijack said:
I'm not sure if that's possible with 2000. I've only ever done it using a floppy disk. It might be possible to use a CD. It's a long time since I've used 2000.



Before i continue to the setup tomorrow...are you sure that Windows 2000 server can be install/setup in Gigabyte motherboard GA-X58A-UD3R after following the information below? :) 


Download drivers from Gigabyte web site. Put CD in drive. Boot from CD. Follow on-screen instructions. (You will probably need to press F6 as the installation starts so that you can install the disk driver. :wahoo: 
m
0
l
!