Quake2 Co-Op sever

This public server is running 24/7, hard+ skill:

66.41.13.226

Add it to your favorites and post if you want to play.

G.
19 answers Last reply
More about quake2 sever

    Thanks George!

    Checked it out before turning in. Nice low ping here. Killed a couple of
    Stroggs. Will check in from time to time when I can. See you in Qspace.

    Best,
    Tom

    "George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > This public server is running 24/7, hard+ skill:
    >
    > 66.41.13.226
    >
    > Add it to your favorites and post if you want to play.
    >
    > G.

    Tremble ye! for upon this sandbank of Apophis George M. Reagan
    <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > This public server is running 24/7, hard+ skill:
    >
    > 66.41.13.226
    >
    > Add it to your favorites and post if you want to play.
    >
    > G.

    I will stop by sometime when I fire up Q2 :)

    "I see what the nhh-stars do, because so fair is their shape; it is
    well for me with them and it is well for them. I am a nhh-star, the
    companion of a nhh-star, I become a nhh-star, and I will not suffer for
    ever."
    EvilBill - http://www.evilbill.co.uk
    My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake/EvilBill/

    > Hey, nice web site! I noticed the Doomworld link, anyone interested in
    > doom, heretic or hexen co-op?

    I would most definately be interested in some doom or doom2 co-op. I don't
    have anybody that is willing to play it anymore. Of my old lan buddies, one
    is an alcoholic and has disapeared. One no longer likes fps games, and
    another had his ring finger on his right hand ripped off at work, so he
    can't move right in old keyboard games like doom and duke anymore ;o(

    --

    Margolis
    http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

    "Margolis" <someone@somewhere.org> wrote in message

    > "George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > Hey, nice web site! I noticed the Doomworld link, anyone interested in
    > > doom, heretic or hexen co-op?
    > >

    > I would most definately be interested in some doom or doom2 co-op. I
    don't
    > have anybody that is willing to play it anymore. Of my old lan buddies,
    one
    > is an alcoholic and has disapeared. One no longer likes fps games, and
    > another had his ring finger on his right hand ripped off at work, so he
    > can't move right in old keyboard games like doom and duke anymore ;o(
    >
    > --
    >
    > Margolis

    Ouch!

    OK, let's see.... I use DoomConnector and have most of the doom ports. What
    port should we use? I'd suggest Zdoom or Legacy because they support all
    three games (doom, heretic & hexen). I could easily host a game. Might
    take a few trys to get everything right.
    http://www.codeimp.com/connector_info.php

    G.

    > OK, let's see.... I use DoomConnector and have most of the doom ports.
    What
    > port should we use? I'd suggest Zdoom or Legacy because they support all
    > three games (doom, heretic & hexen). I could easily host a game. Might
    > take a few trys to get everything right.
    > http://www.codeimp.com/connector_info.php
    >
    > G.

    It doesn't matter which port, I will have to download and install it. I
    have none of the ports anymore. I just play the original. Of course I used
    dehacked to mod the exe to give more ammo though ;o)

    --

    Margolis
    http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm
    http://www.unrealtower.org/faq

    Tremble ye! for upon this sandbank of Apophis George M. Reagan
    <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > "Margolis" <someone@somewhere.org> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote in
    >> message news:yO6dnRvSQONi7zDdRVn-sQ@comcast.com...
    >>>>
    >>> Hey, nice web site! I noticed the Doomworld link, anyone
    >>> interested in doom, heretic or hexen co-op?
    >>>

    >> I would most definately be interested in some doom or doom2 co-op.
    >> I don't have anybody that is willing to play it anymore. Of my old
    >> lan buddies, one is an alcoholic and has disapeared. One no longer
    >> likes fps games, and another had his ring finger on his right hand
    >> ripped off at work, so he can't move right in old keyboard games
    >> like doom and duke anymore ;o(
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Margolis
    >
    > Ouch!
    >
    > OK, let's see.... I use DoomConnector and have most of the doom
    > ports. What port should we use? I'd suggest Zdoom or Legacy because
    > they support all three games (doom, heretic & hexen). I could easily
    > host a game. Might take a few trys to get everything right.
    > http://www.codeimp.com/connector_info.php

    I've never played DooM MP, but I'd be up for some Dooming :D

    "EvilBill" <devlin@SPAM-ME-NOT-o-JERK-weset.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
    message news:c8lkva$8nn$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
    > Tremble ye! for upon this sandbank of Apophis George M. Reagan
    > <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > > "Margolis" <someone@somewhere.org> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote in
    > >> message news:yO6dnRvSQONi7zDdRVn-sQ@comcast.com...

    > >> I would most definately be interested in some doom or doom2 co-op.
    > >> I don't have anybody that is willing to play it anymore. Of my old
    > >> lan buddies, one is an alcoholic and has disapeared. One no longer
    > >> likes fps games, and another had his ring finger on his right hand
    > >> ripped off at work, so he can't move right in old keyboard games
    > >> like doom and duke anymore ;o(
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> Margolis
    > >
    > > Ouch!
    > >
    > > OK, let's see.... I use DoomConnector and have most of the doom
    > > ports. What port should we use? I'd suggest Zdoom or Legacy because
    > > they support all three games (doom, heretic & hexen). I could easily
    > > host a game. Might take a few trys to get everything right.
    > > http://www.codeimp.com/connector_info.php
    > >

    > I've never played DooM MP, but I'd be up for some Dooming :D
    >
    > > G.

    > "I see what the nhh-stars do, because so fair is their shape; it is
    > well for me with them and it is well for them. I am a nhh-star, the
    > companion of a nhh-star, I become a nhh-star, and I will not suffer for
    > ever."
    > EvilBill - http://www.evilbill.co.uk
    > My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake/EvilBill/

    Quakers:
    Since we have some interest in playing Doom, I'll try to keep it simple
    on initial requirements:

    a. You must have Doom2 (doom2.wad)

    b. Get ZDoom (1.22) here:
    http://zdoom.org/download.html

    c. Get DoomConnector (latest) here:
    http://www.codeimp.com/connector_info.php

    d. Configure and test yer stuff.

    e. I'll run a test server called AGQ2 Co-Op or something to that effect
    on Saturday and Sunday starting at 1pm EDT (1700 UT) for one hour. Mouse
    look and jumping will be allowed. 68.57.22.77 as usual.

    Any questions, comments, ideas?

    G.

    > Quakers:
    > Since we have some interest in playing Doom, I'll try to keep it
    simple
    > on initial requirements:
    >
    > a. You must have Doom2 (doom2.wad)
    >
    > b. Get ZDoom (1.22) here:
    > http://zdoom.org/download.html
    >
    > c. Get DoomConnector (latest) here:
    > http://www.codeimp.com/connector_info.php
    >
    > d. Configure and test yer stuff.

    so far so good. I just installed zdoom and have it running very well at
    1024x768 w 4xaa and 8x af with proper mouse control!! gotta luv this.
    Next task is to try doomconnector

    --

    > so far so good. I just installed zdoom and have it running very well at
    > 1024x768 w 4xaa and 8x af with proper mouse control!! gotta luv this.
    > Next task is to try doomconnector
    >
    > --

    ok, got doomconnector running and zdaemon also. Just tried to play a coop
    game, but the red key wouldn't work on the first level, so we got nowhere
    ;o(

    --

    > "Margolis" <someone@somewhere.org> wrote in message
    > >
    > > so far so good. I just installed zdoom and have it running very well at
    > > 1024x768 w 4xaa and 8x af with proper mouse control!! gotta luv this.
    > > Next task is to try doomconnector
    > >
    > > --
    > >

    > ok, got doomconnector running and zdaemon also. Just tried to play a coop
    > game, but the red key wouldn't work on the first level, so we got nowhere
    > ;o(
    >

    > --
    >
    > Margolis
    What port were you using?

    G.

    > What port were you using?
    >
    > G.

    it was zdaemon. That is what most servers are using, that is why I
    installed it and tried. Twernt no zdoom rooms there when I tried. The
    dynamic joining of zdaemon is a nice feature also.

    --

    Margolis
    http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm
    http://www.unrealtower.org/faq

    "George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > Quakers:
    > Since we have some interest in playing Doom, I'll try to keep it
    simple
    > on initial requirements:
    >
    > a. You must have Doom2 (doom2.wad)
    >
    > b. Get ZDoom (1.22) here:
    > http://zdoom.org/download.html
    >
    > c. Get DoomConnector (latest) here:
    > http://www.codeimp.com/connector_info.php
    >
    > d. Configure and test yer stuff.
    >
    > e. I'll run a test server called AGQ2 Co-Op or something to that
    effect
    > on Saturday and Sunday starting at 1pm EDT (1700 UT) for one hour.

    can't join the game once you start the game with zdoom, you have to wait for
    us to join before starting. I am waiting for you to realize that and quit
    right now. If you want to start a server and allow people to come and go
    you need to run zdaemon which is a port of zdoom that allow dynamic joining.

    --

    Margolis
    http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm
    http://www.unrealtower.org/faq

    "George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > OK, let's see.... I use DoomConnector and have most of the doom ports.
    What
    > port should we use? I'd suggest Zdoom or Legacy because they support all
    > three games (doom, heretic & hexen). I could easily host a game. Might
    > take a few trys to get everything right.
    > http://www.codeimp.com/connector_info.php
    >
    > G.

    I suggest ZDaemon since it supports dynamic joining, which zdoom does not.
    Anybody that doesn't have it, download 1.06 here http://www.zdaemon.org/

    When I am running a server, I will call it "[agq2] murgu cooperative"

    --

    > "George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >

    > > OK, let's see.... I use DoomConnector and have most of the doom ports.
    > What
    > > port should we use? I'd suggest Zdoom or Legacy because they support
    all
    > > three games (doom, heretic & hexen). I could easily host a game. Might
    > > take a few trys to get everything right.
    > > http://www.codeimp.com/connector_info.php
    > >
    > > G.
    > >

    > I suggest ZDaemon since it supports dynamic joining, which zdoom does not.
    > Anybody that doesn't have it, download 1.06 here http://www.zdaemon.org/
    >
    > When I am running a server, I will call it "[agq2] murgu cooperative"
    >
    > --
    >
    > Margolis

    http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm
    > http://www.unrealtower.org/faq

    Hi Margolis,
    Forgive my ignorance. Try again tomorrow with Zdaemon, 1pm.

    G.

    George M. Reagan wrote:
    > This public server is running 24/7, hard+ skill:
    >
    > 66.41.13.226
    >
    > Add it to your favorites and post if you want to play.
    >
    > G.

    Hey,

    I stopped by yesterday afternoon. The ping was pretty good considering
    my sub-$10 56k dial-up. I didn't get very far, I couldn't remember how
    to finish the level. Good thing the Stroggs were already dead, since I
    only had a blaster!

    Enkidu

    Has anyone tried the jdoom port?
    I just downloaded it today and I
    wondered if anyone likes this
    port.

    "sticks" <sticks@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Has anyone tried the jdoom port?
    > I just downloaded it today and I
    > wondered if anyone likes this
    > port.

    Hi sticks,
    I think it's the best looking port out there. However, for multiplayer,
    I hear it's more laggy than others (zdaemon, skull tag).

    G.

    it's great! - it has true 3D models and plays close to quake1 - has full network
    support with co-op and multi player... I play my grandsons on it a lot. Also
    supports heretic and hexen - heretic has about 90% 3D models and hexen has about
    50% 3D models. work still in progress.

    --
    pop is Mark
    I'm lost. I've gone to look for myself.

    "George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag news:mKOdnZ0EhvejwyzdRVn-vA@comcast.com...

    > "sticks" <sticks@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > > Has anyone tried the jdoom port?
    > > I just downloaded it today and I
    > > wondered if anyone likes this
    > > port.
    > >

    > Hi sticks,
    > I think it's the best looking port out there. However, for
    multiplayer,
    > I hear it's more laggy than others (zdaemon, skull tag).
    >
    > G.

    Sorry, but I disagree. JDoom is much too colorful and overuses hardware
    mimapping. The result is that the graphics
    are somehow "toyish" and "childish". Can't explain it better :) The
    atmosphere this port creates is totally "undoomy".
    Looks like a bubblegum console version of Doom for wealthy, spoiled kids.

    And I say this as the Doom-maniac I am.
    Doom and Quake 2 are the essentials I need for living. I use to test every
    port and wad that gets into my hands.
    Nearly no Doom episode does look good in JDoom, maybe with the exception of
    "The Talosian Incident". This happens to be one of my favorite WAD's of all
    time and I play it again at a certain time every year, so there is still a
    limited use for JDoom for me ;>

    Doom Legacy is my default port ( has some flaws but is great. Especially
    the new features.Has the best true 3D-floors of all doomports, Quake-like,
    transparent, swimmable water. And its internal script language - Fraggle
    script - is maybe more powerful than ZDoom's ACS - script)
    Btw, do you know the new ZDoomGL ? This one is great.
    http://zdoomgl.mancubus.net/

Games Favorites Servers Video Games