E4300 + P5N-E Overclocking Question!

itzss

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2007
Hey Guys,

I've got ample cooling, lots of experience, but i'm having a very difficult time with this setup.

P5N-E SLI Motherboard

E4300 C2D

Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 (I think its 800)

I've had the chip running at 3.15ghz with settings that werent anything special, almost stock volatages, memory running at 5-5-5-15 etc...

Although I was getting a lot of random reboots / critical errors. SO now i'm trying to get a 100% stable setup.

The most confusing part for me is trying to overclock with the FSB / MEM SPD controls in thie bios... if I set them linked it gives me no good end result speeds for my ram.. I mean running 1:1 with 1333mhz is going to run my ram at 1333mhz? That doesnt make any sense...

Maybe you could point me in the right direction on how to tweak this and if I should be linked, unlinked, and how I should set up my timings etc... I'm familiar with all the voltage testing and clocking techniques to get stable but this is the one part giving me a major headache.

-Thanks in advance.

aLdaRiS

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
1:1 with ur BUS SPEED, so it u got ur processor runnin @ 333 your ram would be runnin @ 333x2 (dual channel) youd be gettin 667, just do 333x9 wont make a real difference between 3.15 and 3.0 and runs way smoother at least to me... i even have it undervolted and it work wonders. have the timings of the memory in auto... so u dont have to deal with it :) and remember, to disable ALL the options in the CPU CONFIG "tab", and disable spread spectrum.. its pretty easy to be honest... to get to 3.0 =)

TRENDING THREADS