Rename ftp directory?

Hi,

George, (Hi George), suggested that I rename the quake directory on the ftp
server to quake2. The present ip is ftp://65.30.181.223/quake.

To tell the truth, that would have been the way to go in the first place. I
thought of that after it was up for a couple of days. It's confusing, sort
of. The thing is, I'm hesitant to change it now. It might mess up people's
bookmarks. Perhaps that's not a big deal.

What do you folks think?

Best,
Tom

enkidu

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2002

Tom Chaudoir wrote:

> Hi,
>
> George, (Hi George), suggested that I rename the quake directory on the ftp
> server to quake2. The present ip is ftp://65.30.181.223/quake.
>
> To tell the truth, that would have been the way to go in the first place. I
> thought of that after it was up for a couple of days. It's confusing, sort
> of. The thing is, I'm hesitant to change it now. It might mess up people's
> bookmarks. Perhaps that's not a big deal.
>
> What do you folks think?
>
> Best,
> Tom

Tom,

I think you should rename it. Anyone who knows about your directory
hangs out here anyway and can update their bookmarks.

"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> George, (Hi George), suggested that I rename the quake directory on the
ftp
> server to quake2. The present ip is ftp://65.30.181.223/quake.
>
> To tell the truth, that would have been the way to go in the first place.
> thought of that after it was up for a couple of days. It's confusing, sort
> of. The thing is, I'm hesitant to change it now. It might mess up people's
> bookmarks. Perhaps that's not a big deal.
>
> What do you folks think?
>
> Best,
> Tom

my vote is to rename it quake2 if only quake2 files are going to be there.

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

Hi,

Please note that the FTP server path has changed now, following the advice
of people in this group.
Old;
ftp://65.30.181.223/quake

New;
ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2

If you own one of the directories, please change your sigs, links, and
whatever. Your logins are the same. Please let me know if this causes any
problems. tom at clocktech dot com.

Best,
Tom

> Hi,
>
> Please note that the FTP server path has changed now, following the
advice
> of people in this group.
> Old;
> ftp://65.30.181.223/quake
>
> New;
> ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2
>
> If you own one of the directories, please change your sigs, links, and
> whatever. Your logins are the same. Please let me know if this causes any
> problems. tom at clocktech dot com.
>
> Best,
> Tom

Thanks!