I have windows 7 ultimate 32 bit sp1

Tags:
  • Drivers
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows 7
August 5, 2011 4:54:11 AM

Hello,
My problem's the sound difference from XP to current windows 7 32 bit Ultimate.
I have radeon 2100 graphics. AMD athlon 64x2 duel core 5200 + 2.70 GHz. 4gb Gskill ram.
I'm not gamer, watch windows media player video daily, and like music but the Catalyst control center for ADI / Realtek isn't equipped w/the windows 7. The microsoft drivers of adi version or those that appear--is it that those are the drivers of this windows 7 OS that i'm stuck with over the adi or real tek that I had on XP that played great with inspire T3000 speakers & subwoofer. It took me long enough to get the right combination and then I got this windows 7 Ultimate (as an upgrade to enhance...etc...) the bottom line, NO I didn't do homework about what i could and couldn't have on it later, and here I am and can't get any information from the Realtek or especially ADM site.
Any help's appreciated and i can fulfill further details.
Thanks!

More about : windows ultimate bit sp1

a b $ Windows 7
August 5, 2011 9:28:21 AM

Quote:
You should install a System Utilities program for the better maintenance of your computer. You can download a reliable one from here: http://www.pcfresher.com/

This has nothing to do with his question. Please don't post links to all sort of random system checker software. For most PC users it does more harm than good.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
August 5, 2011 9:36:58 AM

lex2driver said:
Hello,
My problem's the sound difference from XP to current windows 7 32 bit Ultimate.
I have radeon 2100 graphics. AMD athlon 64x2 duel core 5200 + 2.70 GHz. 4gb Gskill ram.
I'm not gamer, watch windows media player video daily, and like music but the Catalyst control center for ADI / Realtek isn't equipped w/the windows 7. The microsoft drivers of adi version or those that appear--is it that those are the drivers of this windows 7 OS that i'm stuck with over the adi or real tek that I had on XP that played great with inspire T3000 speakers & subwoofer. It took me long enough to get the right combination and then I got this windows 7 Ultimate (as an upgrade to enhance...etc...) the bottom line, NO I didn't do homework about what i could and couldn't have on it later, and here I am and can't get any information from the Realtek or especially ADM site.
Any help's appreciated and i can fulfill further details.
Thanks!

I had a similar problem, but after a bit of googling I managed to locate the Realtek Control Panel for Windows 7. It seems the Control Panel is included in the download file of their latest High Definition Audio codec pack. It's over 90MB.
Score
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
August 5, 2011 12:43:23 PM

Hi

normally for drivers for sound or other components integrated on motherboards you go to the motherboard manufacturers website for the drivers first
(Or to major companies such as HP, Dell, Toshiba etc for motherboard /chipset drivers)

Sometimes you have to settle for Vista drivers instead of Win 7 drivers for older motherboards.

Beware of rip-off websites offering to find your device drivers if you pay them a fee

regards
Mike Barnes
Score
August 10, 2011 3:26:24 AM

Thanks for the answers (and thanks for everyone's-the others that have answered my posting).
I think i have a better idea on handling the specific drivers, as that would be from my chipset (bundle) which is ADI/Realtek.
From researching others w/similar forum-postings, etc...the process of obtaining the drivers from Real Tek to move out Windows 7 drivers (for the sound or of that main reason why i would do it) i find the drivers (first) and then uninstall windows 7 drivers to then install Realtek-ones in its place?
Thanks for the help!!

Score

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
August 10, 2011 7:18:44 AM

No need to uninstall the Windows drivers; just install the Realtek ones. They will replace the default driver.
August 17, 2011 3:10:56 AM

Best answer selected by lex2driver.
Score
August 17, 2011 3:12:47 AM

Thanks for all the help and successfully I replaced my drivers (as advised by Herr_Koos) and read the answers from everyone and the Realtek's sounding great w/my speakers now as they did in and with XP!
Take care,
lex
Score
a b \ Driver
a c 425 $ Windows 7
August 17, 2011 3:47:34 AM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!