ipconfig /renew utility for PPC ?

August 12, 2005 5:50:23 AM

Is there a utility that I can renew the PPC IP Address from the DHCP
server ?

Thanks.
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 8:57:09 AM

Get a copy of vxIPConfig...

http://www.cam.com/ipconfig.html

You also might grab a copy of vxUtil while your there...

http://www.cam.com/vxutil.html

Both are *FREE*...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...
rights...

"flahmeshess" <dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is there a utility that I can renew the PPC IP Address from the DHCP
> server ?
>
> Thanks.

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 10:47:34 AM

Thanks for all the replies !!
August 12, 2005 11:52:46 AM

Here you go (http://cam.com/vxipconfig.html) and it's free.

rights...

"flahmeshess" <dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is there a utility that I can renew the PPC IP Address from the DHCP
> server ?
>
> Thanks.

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 11:52:47 AM

I had the wrong URL... Oppss... Man its tough getting old...:-)

--

"Eric Hicks [MVP]" <i'm@home.with.u> wrote in message
news:o 8D54RznFHA.3936@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Here you go (http://cam.com/vxipconfig.html) and it's free.

> Eric Hicks [That_Kid] (MS-MVP Mobile Devices)

> rights...
>
> "flahmeshess" <dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Is there a utility that I can renew the PPC IP Address from the DHCP
>> server ?
>>
>> Thanks.

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 2:56:52 PM

Hej

Kender ikke lige umiddelbart nogen, men en sluk og tænd for wifi radioen
erda rimelig hurtig gjort.

--

Regards,
Allan Boegild Pedersen

"flahmeshess" <dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> Is there a utility that I can renew the PPC IP Address from the DHCP
> server ?
>
> Thanks.

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 7:50:33 PM

ups, this is what happening when you think you are replying to a message in
a danish group but you actually is replying to a message in a english
group... gee.. getting old here lol

sorry can see you got other answers...

--

"Allan Boegild Pedersen" <abp@Removethismail.dk> skrev i en meddelelse
news:o Xu9HvxnFHA.3660@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hej
>
> Kender ikke lige umiddelbart nogen, men en sluk og tænd for wifi radioen
> erda rimelig hurtig gjort.
>

> --
>
> Regards,
> Allan Boegild Pedersen
> www.pda-faq.com (Now 44 howto's for Micosoft Pocket PC)
>

> "flahmeshess" <dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>> Is there a utility that I can renew the PPC IP Address from the DHCP
>> server ?
>>
>> Thanks.

Anonymous
August 13, 2005 10:27:28 PM

On 08/12/2005 03:27 PM, Sooner Al [MVP] wrote:
> Get a copy of vxIPConfig...
>
> http://www.cam.com/ipconfig.html
>
> You also might grab a copy of vxUtil while your there...
>
> http://www.cam.com/vxutil.html
>
> Both are *FREE*...

Thanks a lot for the link!

I downloaded and installed both of these on my iPAQ 3635, Windows Mobile
2003 Second Edition; while installing/setting up directly from
appropriate CAB files, an error message/pop up windows said:

The program you have installed may not display properly because it was
designed for a previous version of Windows Mobile software.

The same is true when I run these programs.

--
Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman Registered Linux User: #229709
CLLO (Chief Linux Learning Officer) Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192

Did you unzip the downloaded file to a folder on your PC then run the
installCE.exe file while the iPAQ is in an ActiveSync session? You also
might try doing a soft reset prior to installing the software...

FWIW, there is no way you could be running Windows Mobile 2003 SE on your
iPAQ 3635. At best your running the PPC 2002 OS or the original PPC 2000
OS...

--

"Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman" <bsd.SANSPAM@cto.homelinux.net> wrote in
message news:p a71t2-0vb.ln1@news.sebs.org.in...
> On 08/12/2005 03:27 PM, Sooner Al [MVP] wrote:
>> Get a copy of vxIPConfig...
>>
>> http://www.cam.com/ipconfig.html
>>
>> You also might grab a copy of vxUtil while your there...
>>
>> http://www.cam.com/vxutil.html
>>
>> Both are *FREE*...
>
> Thanks a lot for the link!
>
> I downloaded and installed both of these on my iPAQ 3635, Windows Mobile
> 2003 Second Edition; while installing/setting up directly from appropriate
> CAB files, an error message/pop up windows said:
>
> The program you have installed may not display properly because it was
> designed for a previous version of Windows Mobile software.
>
> The same is true when I run these programs.
>
> --
> Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman Registered Linux User: #229709
> CLLO (Chief Linux Learning Officer) Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192
> Anu's Linux@HOME Distros: Ubuntu, Fedora, Knoppix
> More: http://anu.homelinux.net/~bsd/ Visit: http://counter.li.org/
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 3:54:01 AM

On 08/13/2005 06:56 PM, Sooner Al [MVP] wrote:
> Did you unzip the downloaded file to a folder on your PC then run the
> installCE.exe file while the iPAQ is in an ActiveSync session? You also
> might try doing a soft reset prior to installing the software...

I'm running Knoppix/Linux on my DELL Inspiron 4150, after downloading I
unzipped the zip files and successfully transferred vxUtil.ppc3_arm.CAB
and vxIPConfig.ppc3_arm.CAB files to my iPAQ device; installed the CAB's
by double clicking on these one by one.

Though, these programs are running fine, but the placement of horizontal
and, or vertical scroll bars is not accurate on some of the windows.

> FWIW, there is no way you could be running Windows Mobile 2003 SE on your
> iPAQ 3635. At best your running the PPC 2002 OS or the original PPC 2000
> OS...

No, I'm sure a pre-installed Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition, Version
4.21.1088 (Build 14140) is running my iPAQ 3635 B, which can easily be
confirmed by clicking Settings>>About.

--
Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman Registered Linux User: #229709
CLLO (Chief Linux Learning Officer) Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192
Anu's Linux@HOME Distros: Ubuntu, Fedora, Knoppix
More: http://anu.homelinux.net/~bsd/ Visit: http://counter.li.org/
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 9:01:07 PM

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 23:54:01 +0530, Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman
<bsd.SANSPAM@cto.homelinux.net> wrote:

clip

>Though, these programs are running fine, but the placement of horizontal
>and, or vertical scroll bars is not accurate on some of the windows.

The message you saw is/was warning you about just the sort of display
problems you've seen. If you use google to look up the first several
(5-6) words of the actual error message, you'll find several threads,
including some with links to a Microsoft document on how developers
can deal with the message. That document is more than most
non-developers want, but you can judge for yourself.

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
Boston, MA 02118
www.penfact.com
August 15, 2005 10:06:04 PM

Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman <bsd.SANSPAM@cto.homelinux.net> wrote:

> The program you have installed may not display properly because it was
>designed for a previous version of Windows Mobile software.
>
>The same is true when I run these programs.

It's also true for the great majority of pocket/pc software around :)
Yet most of it seems to work.
!