Headset suggestions

wildman999

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2006
Hi, I just go an X-Fi extreme gamer sound card and would like a headset to take advantage of it. I will use it mostly for gaming. Any suggestions? Anyone try the razer? No USB please.

Madhatter4

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2005
I use a Sennheiser PC151 headset. Its an all around excellent piece of equiptment and truely adds new life to your gaming experience 8)

Madhatter4

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2005
Also I would suggest what ever you pick do not purchase a Plantronics headset... I went through two sets of them... They break easily and are knowwhere near as good as Sennheiser headsets

evilh

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2007
I have just bought the Medusa 5.1 Home Edition - I use it for games (2142 and Stalker at mo) and it is very comfortable when wearing for long periods. However, it does suffer from a very annoying flaw - in that the centre speaker lacks bass.

Anything in front sounds odd and ruins the 3d nature of certain things at certain times. But it is not often that you can't see something right in front -a lot of others have described similar problems in the rear.

If you are prepared that they might not be perfect - they aren't a bad choice. But I am not sure if I have the damn set up correctly - so the error might lie with my own lack of knowledge.

aziraphale

Distinguished
May 6, 2004
IMO a microphone on the table is not only obstructing your movements it's also VERY annoying for the other players because you won't maintain a steady volume...

hakuryuu

Distinguished
May 19, 2007
I have the Sennheiser PC-160SK headset. The SK version is discontinued but is amazing if you can get your hands on them. A bit pricy at around $100(I got them for $75 from newegg about a year or so ago) but great sound and really solid construction.

TRENDING THREADS