Got my first chance at the Giant Octopus in IP last night. Wasn't even
looking for it as I entered IP via Brickstown and there is was in front of
me. Called is a friend and some other player that stumbled upon it, teamed,
and went to work with my Level28 Blaster. No more than 10 heroes were there
for the whole event (10pm HST, 6am EST), no one broadcasted the info (thank
God), and I was able to get roughly 12k XP per tenticle and about 3k for
the head. Not bad, kinda like a WL type of payoff I guess but they are rare
and I even got a badge =) Funny to see just the head pop up and too bad the
tenticles won't grab on to someone and toss them around.

It this is a repost of something I set today, my apolgies, I seem to be
having problems with my Outlook Express.

DC
--
8 Infinity Server 8
Purple Kid - Lvl 28 - M - Magic Blaster - Energy/Energy

"Hawaii_SE-R" <WhyUGottaSpam@Me.com> wrote in

> Got my first chance at the Giant Octopus in IP last night. Wasn't
> even looking for it as I entered IP via Brickstown and there is
> was in front of me.

I was going through IP to Bricks over the water, when I received a tell
from someone.

Was chatting with them, when my screen changed colors to that mottled
red/orange/black.

Lusca appeared where I was.

And I was basically inside him.

Taking damage before I knew what was going on.

Quickly moved, sent a broadcast, and had about 20 people start beating
on him.

Didn't look at the XP, but the badge was a nice thing.

Took almost another month before I saw and finished the ship badge.

Question: does anyone have an idea of the spawn cycle on those things?

"J Anlee" <janlee@ameritech.net> wrote:

> Question: does anyone have an idea of the spawn cycle on those things?

From what I can gather, It's a few time a day at least but no where near the
short cylcles of the Winter Lords.

DC