MiRai

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2004
Does anyone recommend EK Water Blocks? Mainly Socket 939 CPU and 8800GTX GPU is what I'm looking at.

Thanks

jeepn

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I recommend the Swiftec Apex Ultra+, it is a full kit (I got mine from XoXide). It comes with everything you need including CPU, GPU, and Chipset blocks. I installed it, then uninstalled it due to some hardware problems Ive been working out. I did start installing the kit and it is very straightforward and easy. If you water cool the SB, just order an extra MCW60; install the bolts from the front of the MB through the mount plate and cut off the remaining bolt length in the back of the MB after you get the nut tight. I do recommend going to your local Hardware Store and buying some stuff for a T-Fitting (easier draining). The kit comes with an resevoir that you can bleed and fill to. This is a high quality kit and well worth the price. You might want to buy some metal barbs as this kit uses plastic. I will be using a little plumbers tape so the plastic barbs will work for me as long as I dont over torque them (as soon as you feel it get tight, fight all instinct to not turn it tighter lol) or they could crack. The metal ones are normally like 2-3 dollars a pair. Also, you will have to buy the G80 Adapter plate... 6 bucks. Last but not least, get some nice Worm-Gear clamps to fit your tubes. Again, dont overturn these. Peace :twisted: