this is just stupid !!

df_fer

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2006
hi guys sorry for the title but i really hate this i was waiting for R600 to come out not for R600 it self i just wanna wait for prices to go down , imagine playing all new games with x800GTO just waiting for the new competitor .

now the R600 is out and the prices are UP

now i just want the old prices . or we seeing another release anytime soon? " so i buy now before it goes up again since this the new market rules"

Primitivus

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
Prices fluctuate on a day-to-day basis. This means slightly up or slightly down, usually depending on demand and availability. But in the long run, hardware tends to drop in price since new stuff comes out to replace the old stuff.
Is there a particular item you were interested in that went up in price? My guess is that if you wait it'll drop again or if you search around you'll find it somewhere else cheaper

df_fer

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2006
i was going to buy 8800gts 320mb

and i know there's no DX10 but since i'm a guy who buy new stuff every 3-5 years i need to get DX10 for future games

williamfontaine

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2007
Wait till you need DX10 before buying, until the next gen of cards comes out. You'll be sad if you have to use the GTS 320 for the next 3-5 years -- in a couple of years (if that long) it's going to have trouble running newly released games.

Gneisenau

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
But then again, if he's using a 5 year-old card now, he's one sad panda. If he only buys once every 3-5 years, then he will always have this dilema.

To the OP, if your present card isn't cutting it for you, then I would go ahead and get the gts 320 and don't look back.

If your present card is doing ok, then wait a bit. If you can, I would wait for the 2nd generation cards.

I think prices went up this week in anticipation of buyers who were waiting for the benchmarks coming out for ages only to find the new ATI part wasn't what they hoped for. Sellers are expecting a flood of buying in the next couple of weeks for all those who are sick of waiting. Hopefully prices will drop back down after this buying frenzy dies down.

Primitivus

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
But then again, if he's using a 5 year-old card now, he's one sad panda. If he only buys once every 3-5 years, then he will always have this dilema.

To the OP, if your present card isn't cutting it for you, then I would go ahead and get the gts 320 and don't look back.

If your present card is doing ok, then wait a bit. If you can, I would wait for the 2nd generation cards.

I think prices went up this week in anticipation of buyers who were waiting for the benchmarks coming out for ages only to find the new ATI part wasn't what they hoped for. Sellers are expecting a flood of buying in the next couple of weeks for all those who are sick of waiting. Hopefully prices will drop back down after this buying frenzy dies down.

I second that

Simple the rebate expired, it was printed right under the rebate. It's not like that's a surprise, the prices didn't change the rebate that was set to expire on ATi launch day expired, now it may or may not be replaced. The other one is there with a different rebate, but that original one has been on rebate for like 2 months now. Everyone including myself told you not to bother waiting if you want to get the GTS-320. :roll:

If it's going to be replaced it'll be within the next week or two, also there's nothing competing with the GTS-320 yet (no HD2900XL in stores) so why woul dhtere be downward pressure on the already cheap GTS-320?
If anything nV and the AIBs want to keep them away from the weak GF8600GTS/GT.

The Leadtek is faster and is only $10 more than the old eVGA, but you lose the step-up and double life-time warranty.