monitor 22?

hi ( hope i am posting in the right place) :)
ok so this is the last item on my list to get, i am looking for a good monitor
size 22 for my new system
going to have the g-card asus 8800gtx
i do have price limit of around 500-600$ for the new screen

not sure what els to say hmm going to be useing it for games mostle

help me pick a good one:D thx u
36 answers Last reply
More about monitor
  1. Get wide screen and 12ms or lower response time. That I can advise.
  2. i have no idea about screens :) 12ms or lower hmm ok

any chanc u know a good one that will fit my price rang

am trying to get a name to good one and read about it
    like i dono del 22 same thing same thing:P
  3. If you can muster another 80 bucks plus tax you could get this plus it's from Bestbuy so if there's any dead pixels you can just return it and say it's broken. It's a 24" though not sure if you were dead set on 22. I've heard mixed reviews on this monitor most being it's pretty descent though. I'm going to pick one up in July when I finish paying off the wifes PC.
  4. I bought a 22" Viewsonic VX2235-wm3 - Its resolution is 1680X1050 and it is widescreen.

I bought mine at Fry's for $279.99 w/2yr ext warranty. Dunno if there is a Fry's in your neighborhood though.....

They also make on that will dock you iPod and has built in USB in the base.....

I upgraded from a 17" and the difference is HUGE!!!!!

Text is great @ native resolution and I am waiting on a new Video card to really exploit the screen

My old CPU and Vid card (A64 3400 and 6800 GT) run pretty well on this 22" bad boy, and I can't wait to get my 5200x2 and new vid card tried out.

my .02
  5. let me start by thx u for giving me 2 screens this a start now i can gogle same reviews:D

sadle it seems no on line shop is selling the "gateway" in israel so that one will not be an option for me :(
    going to read about the 22 viewsonic now :D

id like to have few more options so if anyone els know good ones post plez:D
  6. Some people notice bleeding at 8ms. Try to find one with 5ms response or less if you can, and don't pay for imbedded speakers. They are NOT a selling point for a monitor. Also see if you can find one with a good warranty and check out what their dead pixel policy is. Read reviews online, google your model name+review and find some good professional reviews. EVERY monitor has at least one or two bad points, so figure out what's most important to you. I'd look for fast response time (some go as low as 2ms, although larger models tend to only go to 8ms or so), contrast ratio (1000 and higher is ideal), and get yourself a widescreen (WS) monitor. If you don't plan on gaming, response time doesn't matter much, unless you're watching a lot of video then it can make a bit of a difference. Some (most?) monitors have light bleeding through in the corners a little which shows up when you're viewing something black or blue and how bad the light is varies, just something else to read up on. There are a host of other specific things you may want to be aware of, but those are what I can think of off the top of my head right now. You may also want to consider what connection inputs you need. My Samsung SyncMaster 215TW monitor is nice because it has component jacks on the side. I can plug a console or VHS or whatever into the monitor as well. It's great because I can hit "source" on my screen and use the internet in between games of Halo2.
  7. ok so i am not done reading about the viewsonic one ,need to find few more sites just to be 100% sure ,so far it dont seem to be that good
    i am geting the feeling this a chep ( as in low cost) screen but not very good on performance

am all so gona look in to Samsung SyncMaster 226BW( not chep but fit in my price rang )
    it says 2ms 1:1000 am a noobe but numbers seem good
    runing to google it :D
  8. Be sure that it has S Panel. On back side look for "S". It's best gaming LCD.
  9. hehe ya allrdy on to that a vs s panl thinge
    so far this like i cant find a screen that is like super good on ever thing
    but this one seem to be good so far got to read more about it and look on few more screen befor i make up my mind

( thx for the s panl tip:D )
  10. I just picked up a Samsung 226bw which had an S Panel. I love the 22" of real state you get and the Samsung S Panel seems to have very good picture quality so far with no dead pixels.

There is actually 3 versions to the panel used. "S" panel is the best "A" is next but you have to do a fair bit of calibrating as it has to much blue "C" avoid it like the plague from what I have been reading. I had gotten mine from Future Shop in Halifax, NS here in Canada. I was lucky enough to get the only S panel they had which was also their floor model. Every other one they had was a C Panel. So for anyone ordering from Future Shop online be for warned that there is an excellent chance you are going to get the C Panel.

To identify the panel you need to look at the model # on the back and after the model # there will be one of the 3 letters also if the monitor was made before March 2007 you should be getting an S Panel.

Hope this helps some.
  11. ya if i go for this one i will make sure its the "S" one

they did not stop makeing the "S" right? this not like limited rels or samething

all so wanted to ask about the dead pixels thing how can u tell if or how many of them are dead? do they die out over time ( note to self remmber to feed the small pixels :) hehe
  12. Might want to make sure your model has HDCP as well if you plan on doing any HD movie watching on it someday.
  13. I understand you are ordering online from Isreal, but I just want to offer up an opinion on the Gateway 24" monitor.

It easily matches up to the Dell 2407, I believe that is the model number, as I have the gateway for home, and my previous job I had the dell 24" monitor. Granted work wasn't game time, but you still get a good feel for a monitor while you are programming and working on database schemas, still not nuking someone, but mehh..

The gateway is a good monitor, and that made me happy, as I was a bit skeptical about it at first. I was dead set on getting a dell. Turns out I didn't have to get a dell to get a good deal and great monitor.
  14. The best monitor IMO..is the one I bought of course..Just had to have it..I looked high and low for a good 22".. I ran into an HP 22" brightview..The model is W2207...It looks like a giant laptop screen..Just gorgeous..I use it for gaming and it excels..Super nice base that adjusts to whatever you want..Has controls for gaming,text,photo ect..It has like a 5 or 8 ms repsonse time..I got mine on sale at circuit city for $329..Go look at it,I guarantee you will need a diaper..
  15. Click the link below to a review of nine 22" LCD monitors. That should help narrow things down for you.

http://www.behardware.com/articles/662-1/22-inch-lcd-monitors-the-second-coming.html
  16. Sweet link..but the best one isn't on there..I've seen all those in person..The HP W2207 is hands down the best..Here is a link on it..They give it a glowing review and say its the best one on the market..But only gave it a 7.6 out of 10..I think they dropped it for some bs thing..

http://review.zdnet.com/HP_w2207_LCD_monitor/4505-3174_16-32391039.html
  17. Quote:
    Sweet link..but the best one isn't on there..I've seen all those in person..The HP W2207 is hands down the best..Here is a link on it..They give it a glowing review and say its the best one on the market..But only gave it a 7.6 out of 10..I think they dropped it for some bs thing..

The lack of any real in-depth analysis is disturbing.
  18. Although I'm relatively new to forum posting...I've been around here for years.

I don't know if you've been considering the types of LCD panels that are available, but this NEC uses an IPS panel that is still quick enough for FPS gaming and will give you a great all around picture. This panel technology is the same used in the renound LCD's from Apple and Dell. However, further investigation will tell you that Dell does not always use the IPS panel for the 24" or 20.1". When you purchase their smaller display it's a toss up between which panel technology you'll receive. The better reviews and reputation that they established was with the IPS panels. The same panel that is used in this NEC model. It comes in a black finish too. Also, notice the inputs it has available.

NEC Multisync 20WMGX2
  19. good morning:) oh nice 2 more screens to read about
    thx alot ( now i am starting to have same options ):P
  20. Not to necessarily proport it as a grand idea, but have you considered a projector? :-)
  21. There are more out there..Be disturbed..I own it..Its the nicest monitor I've ever laid my eyes on..You know when you look at a lap top screen..And its more colorful and vibrant,almost looks like a plasma type screen..? This is the only monitor on the market like that..In fact I got one and my brother saw it and had to have one too..It looks that good..Before you bash it,go look at one in person..It does it zero justice to see it online..
  22. I reckon go for the Samsung 226bw, I just got mine yesterday and it is real nice. I have used the viewsonic 22" screens and they are good but I don't like the inbuilt speakers (make the bezel to fat down the bottom) and they just don't give quite as nice a picture.
  23. Quote:
    Sweet link..but the best one isn't on there..I've seen all those in person..The HP W2207 is hands down the best..Here is a link on it..They give it a glowing review and say its the best one on the market..But only gave it a 7.6 out of 10..I think they dropped it for some bs thing..

I have to add my 2 cents to this one. I purchased this 2 weeks ago. I was totally impressed with all of it's features and the outstanding picture quality. Games\movies\pictures were SWEEEEEET.The best that I've seen so for. Picture mode was a bonus, and the usb ports were great to have. Built in sound sucked to no end, but that's what you get for 2 watts. It didn't help that the speakers were in the back of the monitor.
    The problem I have with it is the horrible viewing angels. If you're not centered to the monitor, the colors change dramatically. On picture mode the color variation from top to bottom is visually noticeable, enough to annoy me. The glossy finish on the panel was OK for night time viewing, but during the day reflections were bothersome. I set my desktop background to Black and found inconsistency in the black. Not just that, but the back was closer to Grey. I couldn't get a solid Black no matter what I did with the brightness and Gama settings. RBG helped me get the best "black" possible.Some areas were lighter and others darker (I'm not talking bleeding either) I could almost see a set pattern throughout the panel. Watch a movie or look at a picture and the black was perfect. . And lastly, BLEEED. Damed bleeding on top and bottom. I exchanged the monitor 3 times in hopes of catching a "good" one, but to my dismay, they were all alike in every way.
    In conclusion one of the best monitors I've tried this for sharpness and color vibrancy. Like the review said, if you can get past a few issues, you should love this thing to death. I, unfortunately couldn't.
  24. Some of what you say is correct..I see no bleed.. the blacks look black..There is going to be some glare if there is light right on it just like a plasma..Also,why even mention the speakers..are you actually using them..please say not..this monitor is everything I want for gaming and anything else I use it for..Looks alot better than my friends 24" dell and my other friends 22" samsung..not even close..So people are just too picky..always looking for a problem..Mine is perfect..no problems..my brother has the same one...no problems..I'm happy.. :)
  25. Quote:
    There are more out there..Be disturbed..

I actually despise all 22" LCD monitors because they use 6-bit TN panel technology.

I prefer 8-bit P-MVA, S-PVA or S-IPS panels. For myself, I would only consider 24" (or larger) monitors since they all use on of these types of panels. On my short list is the BenQ FP241WZ monitor.
  26. In reality a 22" WS monitor will serve anyone well. :roll: Nobody responded to my DLP projector query. Do you plan on using this monitor for LAN parties? If so, get one that's big but not too big, and one without speakers. There are a lot of good choices out there, but only one "best" one based on features, quality, and price. Decide what's within your price range, what features you want, and then look for a quality brand and good reviews. It'll make the search a lot easier.
  27. LOL. I had to try the speakers for the hell of it. But NO I didn't use them. I mentioned them to give people a heads up on the monitor overall.The light glare doesn't bother you, but it did me. If you have no bleed, then I'm happy for you, but that wasn't the case for me. And as I said. A black background was closer to Grey for me, BUT movies , pictures. and games showed perfect black levels and consistency. I have gone through 3 more 22" monitors (LG\Samsung\BenQ) and none of them touched the HP's image quality. Absolutely incredible. I still miss it and would have kept it if the display didn't have the gloss coating. That was too bothersome for my tastes. Then again, it's the reason for the vibrant colors. A catch 22 if you will :(
  28. Actually Acer has a 22" that uses an 8 bit panel.
  29. Quote:
    Actually Acer has a 22" that uses an 8 bit panel.

Which model is that?

The landscape of 22" and 24" LCD monitors will actually be changing pretty soon. Samsung has already produced a 24" panel that uses 6-bit TN technology so people can join the 24" for less than $550 which is currently the lowest price for an 8-bit 24" LCD made by Acer.

There have been articles that discussed the coming of 8-bit TN panels. But I haven't seen any confirmation of Samsung, AUO or Chimei actually producing one. Nevertheless, TN panels simply sucks in my opinion, unless of course you are simply interested in the fast response times for gaming.
  30. Apparently the X221WSD is an 8 bit panel. Although reviews are scarce.
  31. Quote:
    Apparently the X221WSD is an 8 bit panel. Although reviews are scarce.

Actually, I don't think it is a true 8-bit panel. I recall reading an article where some 22" LCDs monitors use electronics to produce 8-bit (some people say 24-bit) colors, but the panel itself is still a 6-bit panel. Supposedly, the color accuracy will be a little better than simply pairing up a 6-bit panel with electronics that produces 6-bit colors.
  32. Quote:

The landscape of 22" and 24" LCD monitors will actually be changing pretty soon. Samsung has already produced a 24" panel that uses 6-bit TN technology so people can join the 24" for less than $550 which is currently the lowest price for an 8-bit 24" LCD made by Acer.

The first 24" LCD monitor to use TN panel technology is the Samsung SM245B. Not available for sale yet as far as I know.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news.htm#samsung_245b

I should also correct my above statement. So far there is no confirmation if this monitor uses a 6-bit or 8-bit TN panel. Hopefully these "inferior" 24" LCDs monitors will bring down the prices of the 24" LCD monitors that uses P-MVA, S-PVA and S-IPS panels.
  33. Quote:
    There are a lot of good choices out there, but only one "best" one based on features, quality, and price. Decide what's within your price range, what features you want, and then look for a quality brand and good reviews. It'll make the search a lot easier.

well it should be but it never is that easy:) to many options to many ppl saying defrant things
    i did giv price rang, quality best there is with in that price rang daa:)
    and for games/movies
    any way i still need to look on the nec,hp ones u guyz post here

for now am still really likeing the samsung one most ppl are happy with it
    the ones that are not got the a/c not the s:P

jaguarskx thx for the link ,review of 8 lcds :D
  34. Totally agree..I haven't noticed the black problems..But it is a catch 22..pick your poison and I just love the monitor..My dad hates the glare too..That's why he wouldn't buy a plasma..He got a 50" Sony SXRD,one of the 1st ones that blew everything out of the water..Then I just picked up a Samsung 56" DLP 1080P.. Alot nicer.. :) cheers!
  35. Totally agree..I haven't noticed the black problems..But it is a catch 22..pick your poison and I just love the monitor..My dad hates the glare too..That's why he wouldn't buy a plasma..He got a 50" Sony SXRD,one of the 1st ones that blew everything out of the water..Then I just picked up a Samsung 56" DLP 1080P.. Alot nicer.. :) cheers!
  36. I've got both the 204B and the 215TW by Samsung. I notice one dead pixel in my 204B and my 215TW has none. There is a backlight in the corners when my screen is black or blue though, but overall I love these monitors. The 215TW is great, and if I had to do it over again I'd get a better monitor than my 204B. Larger and with the component jacks my 215TW has. Love those extra jacks. I just wish this monitor didn't have these stupid speakers.
Ask a new question

Read More

Monitors Components Product