Sign in with
Your question

how do i Record a phone conversation over Skype of both sides?

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Phones
Last response: in Windows XP
March 27, 2008 5:14:03 AM

im using cool edit pro 2.0 to record sound, and i cant figure out how to record of both sides when im talking to someone over skype. its like i can record my mic and what i say into it but the other side is where the guy is speaking through my speakers. is there a way i can record whats coming from my speakers (may it 2 or more people talking like in a meeting) and what i say into a mic at the same time? if so how do i do it?

thanks

More about : record phone conversation skype sides

March 27, 2008 5:30:50 AM

i figured it out but the trick here is that i could hear my own voice in the speakers when im recording it. so when im talking to like 2 people and i say something, ill be hearing myself talking out of the speakers/headphones. its really weird feels like i made an error in a studio or something. anybody know how to turn it off inside of my speakers but so that it can still record me?
Anonymous
December 8, 2008 5:29:54 PM

Try the , it's free and really working fine for me and my friends
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
December 8, 2008 5:33:04 PM

Haven't any idea why i can't edit my own post right above , just wanted to repair link, correct one is Skype Call Recorder
December 9, 2008 12:12:01 AM

i dont even use skype anymore but thanks for contributing i'll keep this in mind.
August 14, 2009 9:13:41 AM

I record conversatoins Skype with a SkypeCap ( skypecap.com)
August 16, 2009 9:42:04 PM

purple buzz said:
im using cool edit pro 2.0 to record sound, and i cant figure out how to record of both sides when im talking to someone over skype. its like i can record my mic and what i say into it but the other side is where the guy is speaking through my speakers. is there a way i can record whats coming from my speakers (may it 2 or more people talking like in a meeting) and what i say into a mic at the same time? if so how do i do it?

thanks

I hang my mic near the speaker and record both conversations with a sound recorder/editor program from NCH, wavepad. It's great, Tom, I do it all the time.
November 9, 2009 1:02:25 PM

As for me i use SkyCap..too.Because you can record the other formats..and also you can control of your records,choose level of quality .I like it's programm so much.
February 17, 2010 9:30:57 AM

dasli said:
I record conversatoins Skype with a SkypeCap ( skypecap.com)

And i have a mac and use skypecap for mac for record my telephone interview. Thanks! :hello: 
Anonymous
March 29, 2010 3:50:40 PM

Personally for me the best tppl for recording Skype conversation is SkypeCap.
April 19, 2010 6:57:37 PM

In most states, this is illegal unless the other party knows he's being recorded..
April 20, 2010 8:24:30 PM

It is in the UK as well, Graywolf but I frequently do it after asking the other party first. I use a little Canadian utillity called Total Recorder, for which I paid £9.99 - about $14US, I believe. It also rcords anything I listen to on internet radio and any other sounds which pass through the computer.

!