how do i Record a phone conversation over Skype of both sides?

purple buzz

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
im using cool edit pro 2.0 to record sound, and i cant figure out how to record of both sides when im talking to someone over skype. its like i can record my mic and what i say into it but the other side is where the guy is speaking through my speakers. is there a way i can record whats coming from my speakers (may it 2 or more people talking like in a meeting) and what i say into a mic at the same time? if so how do i do it?

thanks

purple buzz

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
i figured it out but the trick here is that i could hear my own voice in the speakers when im recording it. so when im talking to like 2 people and i say something, ill be hearing myself talking out of the speakers/headphones. its really weird feels like i made an error in a studio or something. anybody know how to turn it off inside of my speakers but so that it can still record me?

tomfed

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009

I hang my mic near the speaker and record both conversations with a sound recorder/editor program from NCH, wavepad. It's great, Tom, I do it all the time.

Elvira_18

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
As for me i use SkyCap..too.Because you can record the other formats..and also you can control of your records,choose level of quality .I like it's programm so much.

Killed Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010

And i have a mac and use skypecap for mac for record my telephone interview. Thanks! :hello:

G

Personally for me the best tppl for recording Skype conversation is SkypeCap.

It is in the UK as well, Graywolf but I frequently do it after asking the other party first. I use a little Canadian utillity called Total Recorder, for which I paid £9.99 - about $14US, I believe. It also rcords anything I listen to on internet radio and any other sounds which pass through the computer.

devo4ka

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2007
To record all kinds of conversations I use TalkAide for Skype.
http://www.talkaide.com/TalkAide_for_Skype/