GijsJUH

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Since I got my Zalman 9700 LED, I'm not quite happy with it.. Now, since I have a case with a window, I totaly don't like the Zalman any more. So now I have to choose between the Tuniq Tower 120, the Scyte Infinity and something like the Scythe Ninja rev.B...

Now my question is: Witch of those coolers is the best one to get for my system?
I know there are lots of tests, and topics about these (and other) coolers, but the first test says the Tuniq is the best, and the next test says it's the Infinity... So I don't quite know it any more...

Ps. My system contains the following parts:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
Gigabyte 965P-DS4
So, will those coolers fit my motherboard cause of the heatpipe?

Also I don't have the money to buy my self an Thermalright 120 Ulta... So don't give me that advice :p

accu

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007
it comes to how much overclocking you are going to do. the tuniq tower 120 is one of the best if not the best air cooler out there and will beat scyte infinity or scythe ninja rev.b any day. also thermalright ultra-120 or new best air cooler to date is the thermalright ultra 120 extreme which costs more but better cooler than the ultra-120.

i would get the thermalright ultra-120 over the tuniq tower 120, since its easier to install.

p.s thermalright ultra-120 is only 45$
http://www.crazypc.com/products/thermalright_ultra-120-50982.html?gclid=CK-3j7uYkIwCFQIpFQodvgaiAg

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
Witches%2009052%20Sexy%20Witch.jpg

+

1-U120.jpg
= ?

glupee

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
8O um, u do realize that the zalman you got is regularly priced higher than the thermalright, as well the tuniq tower is bout $5 more than the thermalright, and the zalman is supposed to be pretty much on par with the two scythe coolers...

http://anandtech.com/casecooling/showdoc.aspx?i=2981&p=3

maybe you should consider the thermalright :wink:
about it fittin on your board i'm not sure, but the heat sink does sit pretty high on it's pipes. I know it's enough to clear the heat pipes on my board they're ~4cm high, only reason i haven't got one is lack of funds.

glupee

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
:lol: :lol: :lol:
holy f*ck i just got that.
I thought you were just looking for an excuse to put a pic of a hot witch on!
:lol: boy is my face :oops:

GijsJUH

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
The only diffirence between the Tuniq and the Thermalright is that the Tuniq comes with a fan, an the Termalright isn't... So I'll have to buy myself an extra cooler also. So, the Termalright will be al little bit over budget.... And than I have to concider, if the higher price is worth the little extra performance to me... So how many degrees will I be lower with the Termalright if I compare it to the Tuniq... That will be just about nothing... so I think the Tuniq will be a better choise for me than...

And than I have an other question to you all... I'm now doing 60 - 63 degrees on 3.0 GHz with my E6400 in a very poor case... (witch I'm planning to upgrade this summer).. How will those temps look like when I have a Tuniq installed? Cause someone said to me, that I will get about the same temps... But since the Zalman isn't such a good cooler, I would think it wil be about 10 degrees less.... How will this be?

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
it comes to how much overclocking you are going to do. the tuniq tower 120 is one of the best if not the best air cooler out there and will beat scyte infinity or scythe ninja rev.b any day. also thermalright ultra-120 or new best air cooler to date is the thermalright ultra 120 extreme which costs more but better cooler than the ultra-120.

i would get the thermalright ultra-120 over the tuniq tower 120, since its easier to install.

p.s thermalright ultra-120 is only 45$
http://www.crazypc.com/products/thermalright_ultra-120-50982.html?gclid=CK-3j7uYkIwCFQIpFQodvgaiAg

The Ultra-120 doesn't come with a fan, so that might add another $15 to $25 or so for a top of the line fan like the Scythe S-FLEX SFF21F. And I've read a lot about the inconsistent finish of the Ultra 120 HS surface. Many complain that lapping is necessary to get a smooth surface (something a lot of people don't want to be bothered with).

I like that witch too :wink:

glupee

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
I don't think the zalman is necessarily a bad cooler. While I've never used one, i have heard and read good reviews about it. The only complaint i've heard is the price, but my point is, if your case isn't that great and you're planning on upgrading it anyway, why not upgrade the case before getting the new cooler and seeing the difference in temperature there.
You might see a bigger change in temp. from improved air-flow than from switching from a 9700 to tuniq tower, IMO.

EDIT:
should have probably asked. what case you have now? and what case you're planning on getting?

GijsJUH

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
The case I'm using now is one I don't even want to tell someone about :lol: (some Sweex crap...) I used it, cause a friend of mine gave it to me, and I didn't had the money to get a decent one....
The case I'm going to use around the summer, will be a costum one.. and else.... I think it would be someting like an Antec P182 orso... Not quite sure witch it will be when my costum build case proves to be a flop...

--> this is the concept how everyting will be placed... CLICK <--

@glupee: I'm not saying Zalman is crap, but coolers like the Tuniq are better... point... And, I want t pull the maximum out of my computer, so that's why I want to swap the Zalman for a Tuniq...
Cause I read that the Zalman cooler went hot very quikly, where most of the other coolers still remain cool...

glupee

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
point taken.
Having said that i agree, the tuniq does seem to be a better cooler. I hope your custom case works out well.. in case it doesn't tho, the p18* line of cases are really nice. Have one myself and highly recommend it as do others on this forum. GL!

The other option is to get a great, quiet fan for $5 - the Yate Loon D12SL-12. The Nexus Real Silent Case Fans are rebadged D12SL-12s. Those Nexus fans are on par with the SFF21E as far as CFM/noise (the SFF21F runs at 1600RPM while the E version runs at 1200RPM).