doubletake33

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2006
can someone help me out on this one please! can't seem to find it under search so my appologies if it's been discussed before.

this is for my friends pc and he has vista premium w/ sp-1 and downloading files is butt-naked slow even though he has highspeed connect and it's running just fine. is there a fix for this? if so were can i get it?

thanks!

SPI will show up this week, possibly next week on the 'windows update' link to your computer. The 'auto' download will be specific towards your system, sytems drivers, Mb, other hardware detected, etc... Should you choose to download SP1 and install, the file is maybe three times or so larger than the 'auto' file will be. Of course it's slow, the 64bit SP1 total package will not fit on a standard CD 700 + MB. It's near 1 gig. This information is posted on the download site(s). If you like to do online in european languages go for it.

edit: sp.

doubletake33

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2006
thanks fellas!

@ Scotteq

i'll try that tommorow as i'm tired as hell now. this is damn near givin me second thoughts about switching over to vista.

but i'm no punt and hardheaded as well! LOL

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
www.speedtest.net Try it out post your speeds. By using that I confirmed I was only getting half my bandwith when I noticed a strange slowdown on my connection. I called my ISP up and had my speed back to normal (2x of what it was) within 40 minutes