Is it possible to slipstream IE7 into Bootable XP CD?

mafadecay

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008
Hi guys heres one I have been working on for a while, I want a custom OEM XP Bootable install CD

Does anybody know if its possible to slipstream IE7 into and SP2 into an XP bootable CD. I suspect the genuine advantage download will make it not possible but I know its possible to install IE7 without Genuine Advantage installed. Its a lengthy workaround so figure slipstreaming impossible. I have a slipstream SP2 XP cd but it would be really useful if I could get IE7 on there as well. Don't even know if IE7 can be slipstreamed.

Just a time saving notion I have had.

mafadecay

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008
Cheers I will have a look see when I get home tonight. Will it still install ok without Genuine advantage though or do you need to incorporate that into the slipstream aswell?

mafadecay

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008
Wow! Cheers for the info JoeTechie HF slip is amazing. I have XP, SP2, IE7, Media player 11 and loads of codecs all slipstreamed onto 1 bootable xp install CD. Seemed to write to CD ok but I now need to test my install works. Didn't install any hotfixes or genuine advantage so might fall over when it gets that far.

Thanx again

mafadecay

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008
ah heck! It boots and installs fine intil T-13 when its missing some hotfixes. I can't find any that Im missing. I then get blue screen of death and XP remains half installed. Gutted I have to "normal" install XP again to make another HFslip CD.

number 13

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
I have a slipsteamed disc with SP3,WM11,IE7,Dx10 but the hotfixes and the updates were nothing but problems so I left them off

mafadecay

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008
I might leave the hot fixes off then. The way I read HF slips instructions were for a sucessful IE7 you needed the hot fixes and the same for SP2. I might have a play around with the IE7 timings as T13 might not have been the best install time. I am shocked though as HF slip compiled my CD with no errors and Nero burned it no probs. It was just the install where it fell over. Might miss off flash as well and I don't fancy SP3 yet.