Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How can I ad a 30GB HFS partion to my ubuntu drive

Last response: in Linux/Free BSD
September 7, 2010 11:54:08 PM

how can I add a 30GB HFS partition to my ubuntu drive

I am a noobie in ubuntu 10.4 and I want to install MAC programs or.DMG witch need to be instaled on an HSF to my nowladg and I dont know how to set up this 30GB HSF on my 320GB Ubuntu fat32EXT drive
September 8, 2010 6:13:13 AM

I don't think there's a lot of point installing OS X programs on Ubuntu. They won't run.
m
l
September 8, 2010 1:27:18 PM

The .DMG files are disk image files. You can mount these like you would an iso image file under linux as a loop-back device. Not something I've played with but from searching is would seem to be as easy as this:

You would need to do this as root so it would be:

1. sudo mount -t hfs -o loop myImage.dmg /macdisk

So you should be able t read the contents, but as iJack says no Mac application will run under Ubuntu.
m
l
Related resources
September 9, 2010 3:54:05 AM

I originally wanted to run Itune AS a mac program anyway i got the drive formattedd to HSF but got no writecapabilityty to it so i gave up and made it to ntfs so itheirses no point to .DMG then anyway

is there a good program to mange Audio and video like WMP thanx
m
l

Best solution

September 9, 2010 1:52:29 PM

michael775 said:
I originally wanted to run Itune AS a mac program anyway i got the drive formattedd to HSF but got no writecapabilityty to it so i gave up and made it to ntfs so itheirses no point to .DMG then anyway

is there a good program to mange Audio and video like WMP thanx

There's several. If you really want to use iTunes however it is reported to run quite well under Wine.

www.winehq.org
September 9, 2010 2:43:10 PM

Just to add to Pyroflea's note - that's the Windows version of iTunes, not the Mac one!
m
l
September 10, 2010 12:36:24 AM

Ijack said:
Just to add to Pyroflea's note - that's the Windows version of iTunes, not the Mac one!

Ah, right! Thank you.

Is there any difference interface/feature wise between the OSX/Windoze version though? I don't see why there would be.
m
l
September 10, 2010 6:09:01 AM

Little if any difference AFAIK. Just wanted to make it clear to the OP as he started out with the idea of running OS X software on Ubuntu.
m
l
December 7, 2010 4:44:18 AM

Best answer selected by Michael775.
m
l
!