problem which is killing me.

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
Also try process explorer form msoft.
A quick google search will find it and its free.
It is better than task manager in that you can find out what starts a particular instance of different tasks, in your case the svc host.
You will probably find 2 or 3 instances of svc host running but when one of them stops your computer it will show you which one caused it and then you can see what it was trying to do and then possibbly stop it.
I had the same trouble a few months back and found it to be a bad piece of Java script running that I didnt want in the first place.
I found what was loading it, stopped it, deleted it and here I am.
Good luck

s1ckz

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007

no... do u know any good memory testing programs? coz this problem is still killing me...
getting this error like every 1hr or something... =(

@s1ckz

This tests Windows related possible memory failures and has an extended test built into it, by pressing the T key at anytime the test is running, its been more helpful to reveal memory errors related to Windows than Memtest86.

Testing your memory to eliminate it as being the problem is the best first step, if you get no errors then the problem is elsewhere, but test the memory first, and post your results.

The link is to the diagnostic disk creator, and the guide, you will need a formatted floppy disk and a floppy drive to create the diagnostic disk, download the file to say My Documents, put the floppy in the floppy drive, find the downloaded file and execute it, it will create the floppy diagnostic disk, make sure the machine is set to boot from the floppy, when it boots the program will auto run and start testing your memory, control keys are displayed at the top of the running program.

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp