Step by step installation of fedora12

G

Hello,
i have my laptop installed with a linux and xp. i want to reconfigure it only by fedora 13.a single booting system. how can it would be possible?

Hello,
i have my laptop installed with a linux and xp. i want to reconfigure it only by fedora 13.a single booting system. how can it would be possible?

You'll get a better answer if you post on the Linux Board but for me, the best route would be to edit Grub or Lilo by looking for the file menu.lst and removing the Windows option. That would only stop the option showing in the Boot Menu - if you want to uninstall Windows to free hard disk space, use the Linux system to go into the Windows partition and delete the entire contents.[/#000ff]

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
Well the best way to do so would be to back up your data, then reformat and re-install Fedora. Also, Fedora 13 is out :)

If you don't want to go this route, then from within Fedora you can delete the Windows partition, format it as EXT3/4, and then have a separate data partition. I believe if you boot from a LiveCD you can extend your primary partition as well (as it wouldn't be mounted for the LiveCD, but I'm not 100% sure on this), but you cannot do so from within your Fedora installation. You'd have to edit your Grub/Lilo config file as well.

There's a few different routes you can go, but I'd say a full re-install would be your best bet. If you don't want to do this, you could try the other method I mentioned.