backup and restore ppc

August 13, 2005 11:21:32 AM

Hi

I removed my pocket pc battery and now my apps are all gone. I had a
back-up on my desktop machine (i think it is there)but my activesync is
unable to load that. When active sync started it wouldn't allow me to use
the partnership from my previous syncs to connect.

How can i use the backup/restore part of activesync to restore my
applications. Some of these are freeware or shareware and I dont want to
have to register all of these things. I even lost some of my own programs
(writted by me in vb.net) - and I thought that the backup facility would
protect against this.

Any help appreciated

Doug

More about : backup restore ppc

Anonymous
August 13, 2005 11:21:33 AM

My recollection is that you can restore using a Guest sync (I don't use
ActiveSync backup/restore). If not, you can delete the partnership in
ActiveSync before your attempt to repartner with your Pocket PC.

--
Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info