Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How do i know which ink cartridge is empty on my hp photosmart

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
February 14, 2012 11:16:00 AM

Hello,
My HP Photosmart C6380 does not show on my screen which ink is empty. Help
Can I set this on my Windows 2000 Monitor?
February 14, 2012 6:45:46 PM

Make sure the ink cartridge is aligned correctly, I once had this problem because I did not insert the cartridge correctly or didn't remove the protective covers.

Did you recently change ink brands from HP? HP Printers only recognize specific brands. I tried some cheap and off-brank ink and my HP printer would not pick up the ink levels of a cartridge and often said it was empty when it wasn't.
Score
February 21, 2012 10:56:24 AM

Ths is twice that I change my ink cartridges using the same ones all the time, never the refilled ones.
My HP Photosmart C6380 All-in-one prints fine, and on the Printer's wee viewer window it tells me the following: "one of your cartridge is out of ink, please see your PC to know your ink level"
It used to show on my PC's right bottom corner but it no longer does. :cry: 
Score
Related resources
February 22, 2012 6:52:00 PM

Other than what I have posted, I don't know what else to do. You might find better luck on a different forum, as this is more of a printer problem, than a Windows 2000 problem.

Try the peripherals forum.
Score

Best solution

February 23, 2012 6:33:32 AM

Have you tried rebooting the system? There is actually some troubleshooting steps you can do for your Hp printer. Try searching online for support as well..

___
Patty, http://www.inkjetsuperstore.com/ink-cartridges/samsung-...
February 23, 2012 10:18:23 AM

Best answer selected by sticklady.
Score
a b C Monitor
February 24, 2012 10:51:17 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!