Quake II Source code compile issues

I downloaded the QII C source from fileplanet and am having some
issues getting it to compile - among other things, several files
listed in the makefile are not included in the source. Can anyone give
me pointers to good forums/sites to research/pursue these issues?
Thanks.

peter

"Wynn Winkler" <xxx@xxx.yyy> wrote

> I downloaded the QII C source from fileplanet and am having some
> issues getting it to compile - among other things, several files
> listed in the makefile are not included in the source. Can anyone give
> me pointers to good forums/sites to research/pursue these issues?
> Thanks.

I have done my fair share of Q2 coding - actually a lot, developing a
multiplayer deathmatch version that incorporated features of many other
mods - mixing Deathmach, Holywars, RuneQuake into one - we had the times of
our lifes playing this at our local LAN.

I started out (and always came back) to QDEVELS at
http://www.planetquake.com/qdevels/
The site has not been updated in ages, but all what's online (lotsa
tutorials) is still highly recommeded to understand the game code and all.
And the forum is still very active.

Cheers