proto_prime

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2008
i went to uninstall powerdvd and it took a few of my personal folders with it (apparently some photo captures were inside of them)
how do i get my personal folders back?

mafadecay

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008
You can try win undelete or similar but I would act fast before using your PC anymore. If anything else uses the free space that was ocupied previously by your folders then they will be gone for good. This is all I can think of but you might be out of luck anyway. System restore may also work.

http://www.pcinspector.de/default.htm?Language=1

I have personally used this program, it works, last time I had to use it, it was free to use for personal use, read the instructions carefully, and I hope you can recover your missing files, if they haven't been rewritten over you will be able to recover them.

You will need a HDD to recover to as well as the HDD to recover from, again read the instructions.

Quote from the manual: To be able to use PC INSPECTOR™ File Recovery 4.x you need a working WINDOWS™ System. Never install the current version on the drive from which you intend to recover data! The software must be installed and run on a second, independent drive.

Hope this helps! Ryan