Sign in with
Your question

Extending my linux installation

Last response: in Linux/Free BSD
October 4, 2010 12:29:22 AM

So i've had my laptop dual boot for awhile, vista and ubuntu and i finally think i'm comfortable enough to say goodbye to vista or at least extend my installation past the 20gb i had it set up with so i can move all my music over to the installation i'm going to be using more. So how would i extend my current installation of ubuntu or just simply reformat the rest of the disk to ubuntu without having to start from scratch with a clean install
October 5, 2010 1:07:45 AM

One thing to note is that you will not be able to do this from within Linux, as you can't modify a mounted partition. Booting a live CD should allow you to do so.
m
l
Related resources
October 10, 2010 9:17:14 PM

Another thing to note from my personal experience... is don't overload it with operations at once.... Modify a partition then apply. Then modify and apply. Don't do a whole bunch of modifications and then apply as it seems to overload it and crash the program... or at least it did for me.
m
l
October 13, 2010 6:08:38 PM

thanks everyone for the good advice, but i think i've changed my mind and am just going to do a clean install of everything, since my lappy is already feeling the age and fast any more performance i can get out of it is welcomed
m
l
!