Cant not install mandriva 2010

elric42

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
hope this is the place to put this thread but haveing trouble getting mandriva 2010 to install on this new comp i buited window 7 is running great but when i try to install mandriva i get a fatal error as soon ass it start searching my devices seems to be when it is looking for usb devices so i unplug all of them but still nothing looked at the log and something about splash not loading or something i would really like to try this os out tired of windows i have a $4000 build and it runs great for a few months then start slowing down so would like to try linux so if anyone knows whats going on please let me know and by the was i am running crossfire was wondering if that may have somthing to do with it

elric42

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010

i get the fatal error when the installer is looking for usb devises and hardware on the computer my set up is a msi gameing motherboard with crossfire and two 5890 ati cards

elric42

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010

yes i ran md5 shows all files r good allso had my burning program check the burn for errors and everything looks good

Still too vague. What is the model of your motherboard? What exactly does the error message say?

elric42

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010

msi 790fx-gd70(ms-7577)with amd six core black edation 2 5980 ati cards and the program just reads fatal error then a few secs later reads u can safely restart your computer i tryed watching it load looking at it in the comand lines it gets to the ati part then saids something like splash screen not loaded or something like that

elric42

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
k got it to work seems linux does not like two video cards i took one of them out and it installed just fine now i just have find out how to get linux to suport 2 cards was told not to us ati linux drivers that peps r reporting lockups in there systems so dont really know where to go from here maybe i just run one and just put the other in when i am gameing on windows 7