Cant not install mandriva 2010

hope this is the place to put this thread but haveing trouble getting mandriva 2010 to install on this new comp i buited window 7 is running great but when i try to install mandriva i get a fatal error as soon ass it start searching my devices seems to be when it is looking for usb devices so i unplug all of them but still nothing looked at the log and something about splash not loading or something i would really like to try this os out tired of windows i have a $4000 build and it runs great for a few months then start slowing down so would like to try linux so if anyone knows whats going on please let me know and by the was i am running crossfire was wondering if that may have somthing to do with it
10 answers Last reply
More about cant install mandriva 2010
  1. It would probably help to give details of your hardware and the exact errror message that you get.

    "Mandriva won't install" is a little too vague.
  2. Did you check the md5 to confirm that your installation media is good?
  3. Ijack said:
    It would probably help to give details of your hardware and the exact errror message that you get.

    "Mandriva won't install" is a little too vague.

    i get the fatal error when the installer is looking for usb devises and hardware on the computer my set up is a msi gameing motherboard with crossfire and two 5890 ati cards
  4. Pyroflea said:
    Did you check the md5 to confirm that your installation media is good?

    yes i ran md5 shows all files r good allso had my burning program check the burn for errors and everything looks good
  5. elric42 said:
    i get the fatal error when the installer is looking for usb devises and hardware on the computer my set up is a msi gameing motherboard with crossfire and two 5890 ati cards

    Still too vague. What is the model of your motherboard? What exactly does the error message say?
  6. Ijack said:
    Still too vague. What is the model of your motherboard? What exactly does the error message say?

    msi 790fx-gd70(ms-7577)with amd six core black edation 2 5980 ati cards and the program just reads fatal error then a few secs later reads u can safely restart your computer i tryed watching it load looking at it in the comand lines it gets to the ati part then saids something like splash screen not loaded or something like that
  7. ATI doesn't play well with Linux. That could have something to do with it, but I can't say I know enough to determine it as a definite cause or not.
  8. Try installing in Vesa mode. It should be there as one of the boot options on the installer. Once you're up and running you can install the ATI/AMD drivers.
  9. k got it to work seems linux does not like two video cards i took one of them out and it installed just fine now i just have find out how to get linux to suport 2 cards was told not to us ati linux drivers that peps r reporting lockups in there systems so dont really know where to go from here maybe i just run one and just put the other in when i am gameing on windows 7
  10. You will have to give them a try to get support for two cards. They are a lot better than once they were.
Ask a new question

Read More

Mandriva Devices