Sign in with
Your question

Cant not install mandriva 2010

Last response: in Linux/Free BSD
October 4, 2010 10:09:26 PM

hope this is the place to put this thread but haveing trouble getting mandriva 2010 to install on this new comp i buited window 7 is running great but when i try to install mandriva i get a fatal error as soon ass it start searching my devices seems to be when it is looking for usb devices so i unplug all of them but still nothing looked at the log and something about splash not loading or something i would really like to try this os out tired of windows i have a $4000 build and it runs great for a few months then start slowing down so would like to try linux so if anyone knows whats going on please let me know and by the was i am running crossfire was wondering if that may have somthing to do with it

More about : install mandriva 2010

October 5, 2010 6:21:56 AM

It would probably help to give details of your hardware and the exact errror message that you get.

"Mandriva won't install" is a little too vague.
m
l
October 5, 2010 1:59:12 PM

Did you check the md5 to confirm that your installation media is good?
m
l
Related resources
October 6, 2010 10:02:00 PM

Ijack said:
It would probably help to give details of your hardware and the exact errror message that you get.

"Mandriva won't install" is a little too vague.

i get the fatal error when the installer is looking for usb devises and hardware on the computer my set up is a msi gameing motherboard with crossfire and two 5890 ati cards
m
l
October 6, 2010 10:03:44 PM

Pyroflea said:
Did you check the md5 to confirm that your installation media is good?

yes i ran md5 shows all files r good allso had my burning program check the burn for errors and everything looks good
m
l
October 7, 2010 6:26:51 AM

elric42 said:
i get the fatal error when the installer is looking for usb devises and hardware on the computer my set up is a msi gameing motherboard with crossfire and two 5890 ati cards

Still too vague. What is the model of your motherboard? What exactly does the error message say?
m
l
October 7, 2010 9:41:47 PM

Ijack said:
Still too vague. What is the model of your motherboard? What exactly does the error message say?

msi 790fx-gd70(ms-7577)with amd six core black edation 2 5980 ati cards and the program just reads fatal error then a few secs later reads u can safely restart your computer i tryed watching it load looking at it in the comand lines it gets to the ati part then saids something like splash screen not loaded or something like that
m
l
October 7, 2010 10:38:18 PM

ATI doesn't play well with Linux. That could have something to do with it, but I can't say I know enough to determine it as a definite cause or not.
m
l
October 9, 2010 1:52:42 PM

Try installing in Vesa mode. It should be there as one of the boot options on the installer. Once you're up and running you can install the ATI/AMD drivers.
m
l
October 10, 2010 11:14:38 PM

k got it to work seems linux does not like two video cards i took one of them out and it installed just fine now i just have find out how to get linux to suport 2 cards was told not to us ati linux drivers that peps r reporting lockups in there systems so dont really know where to go from here maybe i just run one and just put the other in when i am gameing on windows 7
m
l
October 11, 2010 9:55:49 AM

You will have to give them a try to get support for two cards. They are a lot better than once they were.
m
l
!