Wireless doesn\'t work any more

I suddenly cannot get a wireless connection. Running Ubuntu on a Compaq Presario CQ 60. Everything was fine until two days ago. When I connect with a USB cable everything is great. Don't know if this is a hardware issue or could be a driver. Help!
7 answers Last reply
More about wireless doesn work more
  1. Have you tried rebooting your wireless router? The fault may lie there rather than with the PC.
  2. The router gets turned off each night so it is rebooted every morning. The message I get from the computer is "Device Not Ready" as opposed to "No Network Available". That's what makes me think it is a hardware or driver issue.
  3. Silly question, but you haven't accidently turned the wireless card off, have you?
  4. I don't think so. Every time I boot up my indicator shows network disabled, so I enable it. Then I get the message about being unavailable. Normally, it is always enabled when I boot up and I don't have to do anything.
  5. There is a button to disable the wireless network card (right-hand centre button, the smaller one, according to the manual). It might be worth pressing it - I don't hold out a lot of hope, but it's worth a go.
  6. Yeah, that's the first thing I did when there was a problem. Didn't help.
  7. Do you have any other wireless devices you could test with? I must say I found my Android phone a real life saver the other night sorting out a friends router.
Ask a new question

Read More

Wireless Connection